Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
Delivery Date Is Confirmed.
The Valeter

Delivery Date Is Confirmed.

Delivery Date Confirmed now for March 26th, this I only found out as I went to the dealer & saw the paperwork but did know that the build date had been brought forward to the 9th which was moved from the 16th as my dealer & LR between themselves moved the date to coinside with my Factory tour on that Friday afternoon.
They said normally 2 weeks from build to handover. Smile They also know that I will be prepping the car myself! Was all a little tense as I wasn't sure the finance would be accepted to be honest & had planned to advertise the build slot/date/spec etc to anyone that was interested!

I mentioned that I would not be happy with LR if I don't get the Shadow Chrome Wheels but was told that nothing has been noted on my order to say they won't be included.
All I will be doing now is negotiating what freebies I will get Rolling Eyes I will get some as it has been mentioned along the line since before I signed the order & I never walk away with no extras!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
18-02-2012 12:05pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WorldTraveler

RE: Delivery Date Is Confirmed.

Best of luck mate ... hope your experience is better than mine has been so far ...

Delivered 31st March 2012
Pure, 5 Door, TD4, Manual, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Front Fogs, Xenon, Pano Roof

Track Consumption Using The Site Below
[Image: 117709.png]
20-02-2012 07:10pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Firenze

So Valeter you have been given an exact day for your build? As I was just given a week commencing build slot which is today, just seems a bit vague that I have just been told it will be built this week - sometime!

Unless its just because the dealer knows things can change a bit i.e. could be a day earlier or later?

Firenze Dynamic Si4, Pano roof, Verve, Ebony headliner, Black Strata, Privacy glass, Lux Pack - Enjoying since 7/3/12
20-02-2012 08:52pm
The Valeter

(20-02-2012 08:52pm)Firenze Wrote:  So Valeter you have been given an exact day for your build? As I was just given a week commencing build slot which is today, just seems a bit vague that I have just been told it will be built this week - sometime!

Unless its just because the dealer knows things can change a bit i.e. could be a day earlier or later?

I was told in early January that build is March the 16th but as I was going on a Factory tour on March the 9th I asked if it was possible to move build date. My dealer & LR liased together & it is now March the 9th & the Factory know what time I am doing the tour so unless there are unforseen issues at the Factory Yes I have a definate date.
I would have thought all dealers will know the day at least a Month in advance as the Factory obviously has a rota or whatever to know what is going to be built & when plus if they know that they will also know where that car is going & then know who it is sold to.

Do you have a printed out order form? If so there are 2 numbers on there (common order number & factory order number) I'm sure if you phone LR they can tell you, reason I say that is if you phone the Factory Tour as I was advised by the Tour order line & give these 2 numbers they will tell you!
The 26th delivery date however is slightly estimated as this can be affected by things like when the lorry is allocated to leave the Factory/ it may break down en route/ staff shortage at dealer etc.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 20-02-2012 09:15pm by The Valeter.)
20-02-2012 09:12pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Firenze

I do have a printed out order form but the order number and FON are blank!!

But that form was given to me on 1st Dec when I added the Lux pack, would that be too soon to know the order numbers? As was prob before I was given a build date?

Firenze Dynamic Si4, Pano roof, Verve, Ebony headliner, Black Strata, Privacy glass, Lux Pack - Enjoying since 7/3/12
(This post was last modified: 20-02-2012 09:28pm by Firenze.)
20-02-2012 09:26pm
LDT

Firenze - I was given a build slot of between 03 and 05 February. I queried this and was told, as you mention, that dates could change slightly. The car was actually built on 27 January, a week early.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
20-02-2012 09:42pm
Firenze

LDT- at least Im not the only one then Smile

Were you given any order numbers?

20-02-2012 09:47pm
LDT

No, my order form didn't show the number/s. With any luck it is on its way to the dealership already. Keep us posted.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
20-02-2012 09:58pm
Firenze

Wow that would be nice! fingers crossed, I may give the dealer a call tomorrow to see if he has any info.

20-02-2012 10:03pm
Evo-king

So that's why all our build dates keep getting put back, because purchasers are contacting the factory, to say I'm going on the factory tour and build date is brought forward at the expense of some one elses build.

Now where's the factory number, think I'll be bringing forward my factory visit.LaughingLaughing

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
(This post was last modified: 20-02-2012 10:31pm by Evo-king.)
20-02-2012 10:31pm