Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Delivered yesterday
AndyFrance

Delivered yesterday

Took delivery yesterday after an eight month wait. Wish I hadn’t have bothered. Noticed so far, and honestly, I haven’t had a very close look yet…….Wide tailgate gap one edge due to rear lower corner panel not fitting correctly. Told by dealership, not much can be done, other than trying to push panel nearer? Back of rear seats, stain, or whatever been removed leaving scuff marks. Boot carpet formed up both sides looks worn in places (probably due to some kind of heat fixing process). Driver seat belt adjuster stuck, but can be moved by using extreme force. Seat leather puckered in corners and creased. Rain dripped from top of driver window inside, but opening and closing window again seemed to stop that (time will tell). Paint on driver door seal, noticed from outside when door was closed. Black finger marks on driver ‘A’ pillar, could be risky to attempt removal. And yes, but not pleased to say, I have the mandatory dashboard vibration………….To add insult to injury, I ordered the chrome tread plates @ 200€. Front tread plates and boot edge only are fitted, so the back doors don't have them..........How bloody stupid and cost cutting is that for a supposedly top marque????? Now I have to buy the rear set privately because it looks odd.................I hope you have a better weekend than me!
20-11-2015 03:33pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pete

RE: Delivered yesterday

Ouch. You make my experience seem smooth as butter.

I'd have refused it and left it with the dealer to resolve. I expect you're going to be writing to Pete@Land Rover in the hope he can rattle a few cages on your behalf?

Porsche Macan
20-11-2015 03:37pm
bee

(20-11-2015 03:33pm)AndyFrance Wrote:  Took delivery yesterday after an eight month wait. Wish I hadn’t have bothered. Noticed so far, and honestly, I haven’t had a very close look yet…….Wide tailgate gap one edge due to rear lower corner panel not fitting correctly. Told by dealership, not much can be done, other than trying to push panel nearer? Back of rear seats, stain, or whatever been removed leaving scuff marks. Boot carpet formed up both sides looks worn in places (probably due to some kind of heat fixing process). Driver seat belt adjuster stuck, but can be moved by using extreme force. Seat leather puckered in corners and creased. Rain dripped from top of driver window inside, but opening and closing window again seemed to stop that (time will tell). Paint on driver door seal, noticed from outside when door was closed. Black finger marks on driver ‘A’ pillar, could be risky to attempt removal. And yes, but not pleased to say, I have the mandatory dashboard vibration………….To add insult to injury, I ordered the chrome tread plates @ 200€. Front tread plates and boot edge only are fitted, so the back doors don't have them..........How bloody stupid and cost cutting is that for a supposedly top marque????? Now I have to buy the rear set privately because it looks odd.................I hope you have a better weekend than me!

yep I fully agree. top of the range and no rear tread plates ? pathetic. I purchased a pair from turkey and fitted them myself. other than that I'm a happy bee. Confused

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
20-11-2015 04:40pm
AndyFrance

Pete,

I don't think I'll bother contacting Pete of LRCS. I asked twice earlier in the week for clarification/definition of a build code I needed before collecting the car..........He didn't get back to me.

The car is an amazing piece of kit, but in my opinion, the quality doesn't match the price tag. I handed over almost 53k, and I feel pig sick that I did. I also have a Dacia Duster that is used and abused every day of the week. The kid's use it as a dustbin, and it's never let us down........Problem's = none, build quality = top marks! Built in Romania, and every panel fits equal. 3 Duster's = 1 Evoque.

I don't think this is just a Halewood how not to build a car properly trait. In the showroom, a cracking brand new Jag with an badly fitted front bumper about 5mm out one side.

Quality control, what quality control?

Bee,

I've been looking at the same supplier. Quality looks better than OEM front's.
20-11-2015 04:57pm
Pete

Yes, I agree that a well-built Land Rover is a wonderful thing. It's just a real shame that quality control suffers so badly from the "it'll do" mentality.

Porsche Macan
20-11-2015 05:02pm
AndyFrance

It just gets better (worse)!

Signed up to the Online Service History website just now.

The following is a bit confusing, but stick with it.

Dealer informed me the car was delivered to them 12/11, but no appointment was available until 16/11 to arrange payment and registration. OSH site states car had it's pre-delivery service at dealership on 6/11 with 1km on the clock. When I visited the dealership on 16/11 there were 30km's on the clock. The car had it's new/used preparation for sale service on 17/11 with 12km's on the clock according to the OSH site. Dealer had the car on display in showroom and most probably available for test drive for at least 10 days before I got see it, then another 2 days before I picked it up.

I have trusted in the dealer (my mistake), and therefore JLR (my mistake) for the past 8 months. I paid a deposit in good faith and the balance on time when due. My reward, a car with fault's, and at best, a dealer that has trouble with numbers. Did I receive the product and service I contracted to?............. Did I Feck!
20-11-2015 08:38pm
AndyFrance

Noticed some new fault's just now. Interior driver door grab handle not fitted correctly (loose/clicking sound). Interior passenger door panel insert stained. More interior mucky finger marks (don't they wear gloves?) The Evoque, or maybe just my Evoque is NOT a quality product!
I don't expect perfection, but also, I don't expect these things to pass QC.

Updated List:

Tailgate gap
Back of rear seat stain
Boot side carpet looks worn
Driver seat belt adjuster jammed
Seat's leather puckered/creased
Driver window seal leaked once (further testing needed)
Paint on driver door seal
Black marks around the cabin
Vibration sound somewhere in cockpit
Interior driver grab handle loose
Passenger interior door insert stained

All minor, but unnecessary.

Already thinking about selling it on.
21-11-2015 04:36pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

No Andy it isn't just you, both Tony and I suffered awful rattles and interior defects in out 14MY cars. Interestingly after 6500 miles and 8 months in my RRS2 I have not had a single rattle or interior defect, my brother reported fuel slap in the tank but personnally I haven't noticed it even when the tank has been below the critical ⅓ full where the problem has been highlighted by 100's of other RRS2 owners. I appreciate that we are paying a lot for the cars, but Evoque is also hugely expensive for the market it is aimed at and the latest Ingenium engined SE Tech was slated in the latest issue of What Car when compared to an Audi Q3 and a new BMW X1 for its poor ride, noisy engine and high cost. It was the cheapest of the 3 to run and had the highest retained value after 3 years though! I think QC at Solihull is light years better than it is at Halewood these days. I even read of DiscoSport owners having a lot of QC issues that should have meant their cars being returned to the line for remdial work but they weren't and the dealerships have been left to correct defects.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 21-11-2015 05:56pm by XFullFatTim.)
21-11-2015 05:51pm
AndyFrance

Cheers Tim,

Took the missus out for a sit-down Kebab last night (no expense spared). Driving there and back, I started to appreciate the driving experience. All in all the Evoque is a great car to drive. Heavy clutch on the manual, but I knew that would be the case. The 2.0 Ingenium is sweet as a nut, and not overly noisy. Taking your and Walt's advice upping the spec to the 180 lump was a good call. Can't really fault the engine, and I disagree with some poster's who say it's underpowered. Because it's so quiet, you have to constantly check your speed is within the limit. Very nippy and a near perfect front suspension set-up. If they get the build quality sorted, I for one would give it 5 star's.

Discovered why in particular the driver seat is creased..........Padding is shallow one side..........Another cost cutting measure?

Time to complain!
22-11-2015 02:54pm
AndyFrance

Email with photo's sent to dealer (copy to Pete LRCS).

I hope these fault's can be sorted out quickly and without conflict. After all, I only want what I've paid for.
22-11-2015 09:39pm