Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Delivered this week - lime green too!
Helen3001

Delivered this week - lime green too!

After a 4 month wait i collected the colima lime evoque last Friday. Already done 800 miles this week and love it. However the only thing I don't love is the fuel consumption - 32 MPG!! I've been used to 45MPG and this is a bit of a shock - anyone have similar rates?
02-11-2012 04:55pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Delivered this week - lime green too!

We are all complaining about it Helen, you are not alone

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
02-11-2012 05:16pm
Helen3001

(02-11-2012 05:16pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  We are all complaining about it Helen, you are not alone

Would it help using cruise on the motorways?
02-11-2012 05:49pm
Barton Evoque

Had mine 7 weeks now 1250 miles and my mpg is 38.9 with a TD4.mostly A roads and town driving.

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
02-11-2012 05:53pm
NightFox

(02-11-2012 05:49pm)Helen3001 Wrote:  Would it help using cruise on the motorways?

People often make the mistake of believing that cruise control is good for fuel economy, but assuming you're able to maintain a constant speed yourself, that will tend to be more economical.

Cruise control will drive the engine harder to maintain speed going up inclines on the motorway and restrict the speed going back down, whereas if you're controlling the speed you'll tend to let the speed bleed off slightly on the incline (saving fuel) but make up the speed by letting the car "run" back downhill. I don't mean extreme variations in speed, but letting the speed vary by +/- 5mph on hills will use a lot less fuel than using cruise control to maintain a constant speed.

On the other hand, if you're one of those drivers whose speed yo-yos a lot on a flat motorway, then cruise control will be more economical.

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
02-11-2012 06:27pm
Easty

Re: Delivered this week - lime green too!

I agree, driving a lot in the states where it seems everyone uses cruise you can see the car slowing on the down hill where a up hill section is soon to follow. I think most humans would let it run up knowing its abou yo slow on the hill. I think the worst drivers for fuel economy are the ones that run up on ppl then slam ob the brakes.. I try to drive with out pressing the brakes much.. Leaving a large gap and know hills and corners slow the car naturally. A lot of people confidence brake in corners.. On the street they brake loads then realise they are going well to slow and get on the gas.

Sent from my ST17a using Tapatalk 2
02-11-2012 07:07pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Cruise control is a comfort aid, it can help though as you set the speed you don't want to exceed, I use cruise control a lot even on the local roads which a wide fast A roads - not as an economy aid but because we have an almost daily mobile "safety camera" sat somewhere along the faster sections or when the driver needs a coffee, in one of the small villages where uneducated people don't seem to be able to read speed limit signs.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
02-11-2012 07:08pm