Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Deciding is a nightmare! Help!
evoquemayne

Deciding is a nightmare! Help!

Hi,

Speccing an evoque at the moment. Order already submitted under the following design.

Dynamic Coupe, Firenze Red, Black pano roof, with Red/Black leather. 20inch style 6 no cost wheels, gloss black paint as dealer option.

Wondering which way to go in a few different areas. I still feel sold (mostly) on the firenze red with black roof combo. I'm wondering whether the difference would be worth going for the wheels in style 8 in black.

Secondly, I certainly do not want a black interior, i find it a tad lacking in a car of such flare. i like the red black leather, but is it worth opting for the Plus pack? Those seats look good, but I'm wondering whether they will actually be comfortable?

I've got most other things sorted. I am feeling fairly sure of not wanting mudflaps, personal preference, I think they take away from the allure of the rear.

Any thoughts would be great!
02-05-2012 01:07am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

RE: Deciding is a nightmare! Help!

(02-05-2012 01:07am)evoquemayne Wrote:  I am feeling fairly sure of not wanting mudflaps, personal preference, I think they take away from the allure of the rear.
I felt exactly the same... however, it does need them IMO, the splatter from road grime (certainly up the doors) is incredible.
Even after one trip where it was mildly damp, the car had loads of splatter coming up from the bottom of the arch.
I am now considering getting these retro fitted.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
02-05-2012 06:49am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SimonS

The plus pack seats will be more comfotable as they have a greater range of movements (8/6 iso 6/4) but the head rest is integral to the seat so is not adjustable. Find one to sit in. A few of the dealers up here have them in the showroom.

Put me down for another vote for mudflaps.

Lastly, add the spare wheel.

SD4 Manual Prestige/Baltic Blue/PSR/Privacy glass/heated Steering wheel/spare.
02-05-2012 08:06am
Kimv

I find the Plus Pack way overpriced.. I would probably have taken it if it was a bit cheaper but my main reason would have been the leather dash and passenger seat adjustability. I agree with you on the standard Dynamic black/leather seats, they look awesome. I'm not sure if I really like the Plus all red seats... A bit too flashy for me.

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
02-05-2012 08:22am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I have the all black Plus interior - the seats are the most comfortable seats I have had in any car I have ever owned (and that's a lot!). Whether they are worth the amount charged is very debatable, but I have them and don't worry about the cost (if I were after phenomenal value for money I wouldn't have purchased an RRE though!)

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2012 10:03am by XFullFatTim.)
02-05-2012 10:01am
Evoquative

I have gone for the plus seats in red - I wasn't sure if it would be too much, but my husband also found them so comfortable when we sat in them - and I think they finish the car off. However they are expensive but they do look and feel good and are the most adjustable you can get on a dynamic - I didn't like the fact you could not adjust the passenger seat height with the other seats - only with the plus ones.
Also I have gone for retro fitting of mudflaps as a few people on here have noticed stone chips on the back, so I am hoping that these will minimise the risk of that.
Finally another yes to spare wheel!
Good luck with the order - there are so many decisions to make - I just can't wait to get mine now!

Now a very happy owner of a Dynamic Si4 Firenze 5dr, black roof with lux & plus packs, black alloys, heated steering wheel, privacy, homelink & spare wheel.Very Happy
02-05-2012 10:47am
doug

Red paint,black roof & wheels. A big YES.
Red seats. A big NO. ( would look good with White paint)

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
02-05-2012 11:29am