Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
December dealer allocations.
WorldTraveler

RE: December dealer allocations.

(20-12-2011 02:16pm)ED209 Wrote:  Well in theory I should be before you in the line a i ordered in june.

Maybe its because we both have 5 door pure td4's on order we have waited an long time?? I know the td4 has only went into production recently.

I believed i was 3rd on the list a while ago, about 10 days ago i was informed i was 2nd. Is this correct? are cars actually ordered in order of deposit? who knows!

Im probz way down the list then Sad

Delivered 31st March 2012
Pure, 5 Door, TD4, Manual, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Front Fogs, Xenon, Pano Roof

Track Consumption Using The Site Below
[Image: 117709.png]
20-12-2011 02:21pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Urban Splash

My actual order was placed in July, but had a deposit down from March ish. Car was built last week. SD4 though....

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
20-12-2011 02:30pm
WorldTraveler

(20-12-2011 02:30pm)Urban Splash Wrote:  My actual order was placed in July, but had a deposit down from March ish. Car was built last week. SD4 though....

Is it at the dealer yet, might take a look as I have not seen the RRE in Firenze Red yet Smile

Delivered 31st March 2012
Pure, 5 Door, TD4, Manual, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Front Fogs, Xenon, Pano Roof

Track Consumption Using The Site Below
[Image: 117709.png]
20-12-2011 03:07pm
Lookers Park Royal

The next order call opens on Friday for February and March build. You may recall that we received an allocation of just 4 vehicles for Jan, however I am pleased to say that we have 51 to order on Friday.

This good news will be right across the network, but scaled depending in the size/volume of dealership.

We are very pleased indeed and will be bringing forward a lot of 'proposed' delivery dates for customers with orders in the pool.

Next order call will be April build which I imagine will come out late Jan.

I thought I'd keep you posted with this good news.

James Smile
21-12-2011 07:05pm
Rossy100

December dealer allocations.

James - out of interest, what is the 'usual' expected allocation? So if last months 4 was very small, and this months 51 very big, what is/was your expected norm? I recall my dealer telling me a while ago that they expected to have around 15 slots per month, so just wondering how this compares, and to try and gauge what sort of allocation they may have had.
21-12-2011 07:18pm
ED209

(21-12-2011 07:05pm)James @ Lookers Park Royal Wrote:  The next order call opens on Friday for February and March build. You may recall that we received an allocation of just 4 vehicles for Jan, however I am pleased to say that we have 51 to order on Friday.

This good news will be right across the network, but scaled depending in the size/volume of dealership.

We are very pleased indeed and will be bringing forward a lot of 'proposed' delivery dates for customers with orders in the pool.

Next order call will be April build which I imagine will come out late Jan.

I thought I'd keep you posted with this good news.

James Smile

If what you are saying is correct that means I should be one of my dealers allocation, hopefully as i am second on the list i should have a sooner rather than later build date, I suppose it will have to be sooner if i am to get the car before 1st march as once it gets past beginning of feb i might as well wait until 1st march to get the car on the new reg plate (an extra months wait is nothing when you have already waied 7-8 months)

Still if dates are coming forward then a feb build date might possibly come forward to Jan. Who knows?
21-12-2011 07:26pm
Evo-king

ED209, I sincerely hope you get the call, your wait has been torturous.

I'm curious about this process, regarding JLR terminology.

Order, holding pool, order call for build. The key being an order call takes place but the build seem to be some weeks after that.

I just would like to know how long does it usually take to receive your car after the order call for build occurs?

I could then plan my car sale.

I think I'm somewhere near to 30th on my dealers list, so could be getting the call or e-mail on Friday whilst my son and I are on the Eastnor Castle Driving Experience.

Ooh should I start getting exited.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
21-12-2011 09:11pm
LDT

(21-12-2011 07:26pm)ED209 Wrote:  Still if dates are coming forward then a feb build date might possibly come forward to Jan. Who knows?

I am hoping for that too, as I am also 2nd in the queue with my dealership. My dealer called today to say that my January build had been delayed due to a shortage of pano roofs, so I hope this gets back on track soon.

Without my prompting, he offered £150 (which will now be used for mudflaps I had intended to get fitted locally due to the high LR cost, with no contribution from me to make up the price difference), a set of free mats (great news as the ivory coloured ones to match my interior would be unuseable) and an experience day/half day. Very Happy

I am hoping for a "flood" of new RRE owners on the forum as early as possible in the New Year!

PS. I didn't discuss mat quality, a discussion for another day!

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
21-12-2011 09:15pm
Evo-king

(21-12-2011 09:15pm)LDT Wrote:  I am hoping for that too, as I am also 2nd in the queue with my dealership. My dealer called today to say that my January build had been delayed due to a shortage of pano roofs, so I hope this gets back on track soon.

Without my prompting, he offered £150 (which will now be used for mudflaps I had intended to get fitted locally due to the high LR cost, with no contribution from me to make up the price difference), a set of free mats (great news as the ivory coloured ones to match my interior would be unuseable) and an experience day/half day. Very Happy

I am hoping for a "flood" of new RRE owners on the forum as early as possible in the New Year!

PS. I didn't discuss mat quality, a discussion for another day!

Linda.

I'm a Pano Roof Opter as well, also will hold back on the topic of Mats/Premium/RubberLaughingLaughing

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
21-12-2011 09:17pm
ED209

(21-12-2011 09:11pm)Evo-king Wrote:  ED209, I sincerely hope you get the call, your wait has been torturous.

I'm curious about this process, regarding JLR terminology.

Order, holding pool, order call for build. The key being an order call takes place but the build seem to be some weeks after that.

I just would like to know how long does it usually take to receive your car after the order call for build occurs?

I could then plan my car sale.

I think I'm somewhere near to 30th on my dealers list, so could be getting the call or e-mail on Friday whilst my son and I are on the Eastnor Castle Driving Experience.

Ooh should I start getting exited.

Maybe my wait has been tortuous, or maybe i am just an impatient moaning bugger? its probablt the latter to be honest!!
21-12-2011 10:42pm