Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
December Order Calling
Billionaireboysclub

December Order Calling

Since I started the November Order Calling Feed Smile

I have read a few posts, saying that there are delays, and then others where JLR are going to take more orders in Dec to Catch Up.

Once again, Im getting no replies to my mails from the dealer, and I know that if I speak to them...the conversation will turn very sour!

So maybe us "pre" and "post" owners can update each other...and then go and tell our dealers about what is going on with orders.

Anyone with any new updates?

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!

Ranger Rover Evoque Dynamic 5 Door SD4 - Santorini Black/Vortex + Lux Pack
Ordered & Deposit at dealer : 26th Sep 11
Build Date : 17 Feb
Delivery: 6 Mar woohooo!
05-12-2011 08:55am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Alex

RE: December Order Calling

My build (apparently) starts Dec 9th. With a note from LR to dealer informing they will endeavour to ensure we have our vehicle by 23rd Dec. However there is a contradiction where arrival to dealership shows Jan 12th. So dealer is checking status for me, but if build date on system shows 9th not sure how realistic it is to assume we recieve it by 23rd, especially with Christmas looming.

I placed my order beginning of May do this has been a long old wait - if it doesn't arrive by Christmas I'm hoping I get some token Christmas present from my dealer or LR for the delays (my original date was Oct 24th).

Lastly I have ordered the Dynamic Plus Seats but dealer said when checking order on system the headliner was showing as standard and not as the ebony headliner that comes with the plus pack. They are going to check the status, but nott sure what happens when there is a mistake like that especially with the build starting this week.

As its included in the package and if it arrives with the default headliner assume they can compensate me for the cost if added as an option. But would be more disappointed on the principle as their should be zero mistakes based on the time waited.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
05-12-2011 01:12pm
Billionaireboysclub

Just spoke to my dealer, They were allowed 4 cars in the last Order call....and are expecting a bigger order call in Jan (not too hopeful for another Dec call).

Although..the 4 ordered, they are saying Mid Jan Delivery, so the production timescales are getting shorter...that could be good news?

Lets hope the next Order Call has 14 cars in it...so my order is picked!!!!

05-12-2011 04:51pm
Lookers Park Royal

We've literally just had our allocation and it was also only four (and we are one of the biggest volume Evoque dealers in the country). This is considerably less than we had expected, therefore we are of the opinion that there will be a balancing allocation in the next batch (i.e. much bigger number). This is consistent across the network.

As mentioned by the OP, order to build times are now under control by the sounds of things and LR are maximising output to catch up with the delays. This means that the month lost (assuming it is that timescale) waiting for the next order call, will benefit from a larger number and a quicker turnaround.... net effect similar overall lead time.

The one plus-side is that changes to required specifications can be made for a longer period of time.

James Smile
05-12-2011 06:03pm
Evo-king

Well I can hardly believe this, but a member on another forum placed his order for a Pure Tech Coupe in November and has just been told it is being built 14 Dec.

Good luck to him, but what the heck is going on?

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
05-12-2011 11:29pm
chiggy

I got a confirmed build date of 16th December... got a call from the dealer last week.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
06-12-2011 03:10am
Billionaireboysclub

Anyone had any "surprises" with additional order calls?

15-12-2011 12:07am
Straydox

For me - my dealer has the car set for the January order allocation with the factory rep having advised them that all January orders, irrespective of spec will be delivered end of March to early April - that would be roughly in line with other mainstream 'make to order' vehicle manufacturers deliverying into their home market. Such timings (if achieved) would suggest that LR have got to grips with the production back-log which in itself would have had many contributory factors.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
15-12-2011 12:17am
Evo-king

(15-12-2011 12:17am)Straydox Wrote:  For me - my dealer has the car set for the January order allocation with the factory rep having advised them that all January orders, irrespective of spec will be delivered end of March to early April - that would be roughly in line with other mainstream 'make to order' vehicle manufacturers deliverying into their home market. Such timings (if achieved) would suggest that LR have got to grips with the production back-log which in itself would have had many contributory factors.

Straydox.

If I understand you correctly, are you/JLR saying that if a customer walked into a dealers in Jan and placed an order they could expect delivery March/April.

If that is true, what is going to happen to the rest of us with orders in the holding pool, Jan/Feb deliveries?

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
15-12-2011 12:35am
Straydox

(15-12-2011 12:35am)Evo-king Wrote:  Straydox.

If I understand you correctly, are you/JLR saying that if a customer walked into a dealers in Jan and placed an order they could expect delivery March/April.

If that is true, what is going to happen to the rest of us with orders in the holding pool, Jan/Feb deliveries?

Yes, and no - you would need to find a dealer that had spare order allocation slots to meet this timescale.

This vehicle will be a company car acquisition - one of the potential dealer suppliers quoted 8th August 2012 as the delivery date - on further enquires it turned out that the dealer had 70 fleet Evoque orders that didn't have allocated order slots so I got on the phone (I had no intention of being 71) and did some homework as the leasing company agreed to let me suggest the supplying dealer - sales person, vehicle spec and month of order all agreed and sorted now.

As James@ Lookers said earlier up in the thread (a very large LR dealer) they only got an allocation of 4 for December and are hoping for more in January 2012.

The sad thing is that there are probably people out there now waiting for cars not realising that their order is waiting in the dealer order pool that doesn't have an allocated order slot - yet.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
(This post was last modified: 15-12-2011 01:19am by Straydox.)
15-12-2011 01:18am