Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dealer 'Sorry for the Delay' Freebies....
WB
WB

RE: Dealer 'Sorry for the Delay' Freebies....

(06-01-2012 04:53pm)ED209 Wrote:  2 working days after emailing Nick still no reply, not even an acknowledgement. Hardly great customer service is it?

Can't say I'm surprised.
06-01-2012 05:02pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ED209

(06-01-2012 05:02pm)WB Wrote:  Can't say I'm surprised.

A simple "Im sorry I dont know" "contact your dealer" or "i will look into it" would have done.
06-01-2012 05:12pm
LDT

(06-01-2012 05:12pm)ED209 Wrote:  A simple "Im sorry I dont know" "contact your dealer" or "i will look into it" would have done.

Very unprofessional, although it may be that she is catching up with email received during the break - in fairness, she probably was inundated on her return.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
06-01-2012 07:44pm
ED209

(06-01-2012 07:44pm)LDT Wrote:  Very unprofessional, although it may be that she is catching up with email received during the break - in fairness, she probably was inundated on her return.

Another day another wall of silence.
09-01-2012 08:15pm
xxxx5

Sorry but Nick won't answer, pointless her being on this forum.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
09-01-2012 08:53pm
Billionaireboysclub

Need your guys advice here....this is my plan :

I got my build date today...which is 17th Feb. I ordered back in Sept...and was told that delivery would probably be around 11th Jan.

I honestly think that they will say no to any freebies as its not the dealers fault.

However, everytime I have bought a brand new car, I always get something free....something small...a key ring....a cap....something.

When I asked my dealer..he said you will get nothing at all....nowt!

My Plan is...so say to them before I go and pick it up....I want NO dealer stickers on the car what so ever!....if they wont give me a little something..I am certainly not going to advertise the dealership when I drive around.

If when I collect the car...I see a dealer sticker...I will not accept delivery.

What do you guys think?...good idea?

Ranger Rover Evoque Dynamic 5 Door SD4 - Santorini Black/Vortex + Lux Pack
Ordered & Deposit at dealer : 26th Sep 11
Build Date : 17 Feb
Delivery: 6 Mar woohooo!
09-01-2012 09:28pm
caroline11000

Not sure that will make any difference! You should get 2 free keyrings I did. I did get free mats & full tank of fuel but my build date moved. If you weren't given a confirmed date of 11th of Jan then really your date isn't delayed on paper so I guess that's why u won't get anything. Some dealers are more generous than others I guess!

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2012 10:06pm by caroline11000.)
09-01-2012 10:05pm
tetstb

I got a nice hamper from Stratstones which was from them and Land Rover but to be honest I think I was fobbed off as Land Rover CS promised me £150 courtesy which I guess the dealer will now pocket.

I'm collecting mine on Saturday and as a matter of course I will remove all of the dealer stickers and change the plates , I always do.

I think all in all my experience with the purchase has been the worst new car I've ever bought and I buy two new every three years. The overall feeling I get is one of arrogance from both LR and the dealer, its a take it or leave it feeling and its not like I'm buying a £15K rep-mobile. Suffice to say I won't know for sure if its been worth the experience until after a few months but it has taken the shine off the whole new car purchase experience for me.

I think I'll be back to the Germans before long.

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
09-01-2012 10:22pm
ytshome

(09-01-2012 10:22pm)tetstb Wrote:  I got a nice hamper from Stratstones which was from them and Land Rover but to be honest I think I was fobbed off as Land Rover CS promised me £150 courtesy which I guess the dealer will now pocket.

I'm collecting mine on Saturday and as a matter of course I will remove all of the dealer stickers and change the plates , I always do.

I think all in all my experience with the purchase has been the worst new car I've ever bought and I buy two new every three years. The overall feeling I get is one of arrogance from both LR and the dealer, its a take it or leave it feeling and its not like I'm buying a £15K rep-mobile. Suffice to say I won't know for sure if its been worth the experience until after a few months but it has taken the shine off the whole new car purchase experience for me.

I think I'll be back to the Germans before long.

I know what you mean Bob but the car is a good one. Its not without faults but then what is? Im into my fourth month now and "touching wood" everything with the car is as it should be. Hope you enjoy

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
09-01-2012 10:28pm
Billionaireboysclub

(09-01-2012 10:05pm)caroline11000 Wrote:  Not sure that will make any difference! You should get 2 free keyrings I did. I did get free mats & full tank of fuel but my build date moved. If you weren't given a confirmed date of 11th of Jan then really your date isn't delayed on paper so I guess that's why u won't get anything. Some dealers are more generous than others I guess!

Sorry...just read your signature....Ill reply to your other thread

Ranger Rover Evoque Dynamic 5 Door SD4 - Santorini Black/Vortex + Lux Pack
Ordered & Deposit at dealer : 26th Sep 11
Build Date : 17 Feb
Delivery: 6 Mar woohooo!
09-01-2012 10:33pm