Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dealer Configured Software Options
mark_n

Dealer Configured Software Options

For reasons best known to themselves, LR have restricted some functions to being changed by the dealer only. One example is the Daytime Running Lights which can be switched on and off by the dealer but not the user. The reason for this may be the legislation which from various dates requires the car to a) have them fitted, b) have them on when the engine is on (and maybe the car is in gear.

For those of you who have taken delivery of the car, how has your dealer handled these options? Have they asked you what you want or just left it to the factory default? In that case, are you happy with those defaults?

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
26-09-2011 07:08pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Dealer Configured Software Options

Mark, I don't which dealership you use but the one I use has a policy of enabling them all at PDi for no charge. With my previous dealer they charged £100 for each dealer enabled item to be enabled. Many see these items as an additional nice little earner!
IIRC there are only 3 dealer enabled items for RRE - auto-fold mirrors on locking, the DRL's you mention and variable intermittent rear wiper operation - the car comes with fixed interval intermittent and "on" as standard anyway but the variable is controlled from the bezel for the front wiper interval

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
26-09-2011 07:23pm
THEMACS

Hi tim

Re the power folding mirrors, is there also another way to fold them? I have electric folding mirrors on my 3 Series Coupe and they are operated by a little button really handy when you are in a tight squeeze! I do like the idea of them folding upon opening and closing via the key fob but would like the option to do it when I wanted to Very Happy

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
26-09-2011 08:12pm
Spiderman

(26-09-2011 08:12pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Hi tim

Re the power folding mirrors, is there also another way to fold them? I have electric folding mirrors on my 3 Series Coupe and they are operated by a little button really handy when you are in a tight squeeze! I do like the idea of them folding upon opening and closing via the key fob but would like the option to do it when I wanted to Very Happy

Yes, you press both left and right mirror selector buttons together to fold them in & press same again to put them back out.

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
26-09-2011 08:26pm
xxxx5

£100, to get items enabled that are already built within the car, what a bloody joke!

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
26-09-2011 08:30pm
PhilSkill

(26-09-2011 08:30pm)xxxx5 Wrote:  £100, to get items enabled that are already built within the car, what a bloody joke!

Yes that would xxxx me off... to pay £100 for something that's a secret menu or special code to enable in software... that would be daylight robbery, any dealer doing that needs naming and shaming, I'm sure all reputable Land Rover dealers are better than that...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
26-09-2011 08:47pm
Evoqess

Blimey, 100 pounds for plugging in a GameBoy like device and negotiating a few menus (maybe oversimplifying). The world has gone mad! I think it's great to get together on here and share such potentially shame-inducing behaviours. Bravo!

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
(This post was last modified: 26-09-2011 08:54pm by Evoqess.)
26-09-2011 08:54pm
xxxx5

If my dealer tries that he is going to have very interesting conversation with me.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
26-09-2011 09:07pm
Spiderman

The majority of LR dealers wouldn't even think of charging for this, Tim obviously had a very bad experience with his previous Dealers...very surprised at their stance, especially given Tim is such LR fan!

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
26-09-2011 09:16pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Ah but if you are a serious LR fan and have an dongle that you can plug into the socket under the steering column where the techs plug in their diagnostic laptops then you can enable these things yourself................. I believe the controller "auto logic" or something costs about....................... £300 but that also enables you to read any fault codes that come up in the ECU fault log. Land Rovers view of it is that they leave it up to the dealers to decide if they want to charge so it will be up to the policy of your supplying dealer - I actually haven't had the problem of getting stuff enabled, I'm going on what was posted on the RRS/D3 and FFRR forums and that seems to be the going rate

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 26-09-2011 09:48pm by XFullFatTim.)
26-09-2011 09:46pm