Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dead Evoque
tetstb

Dead Evoque

I moved on from my Evoque more than a year ago and thought nothing about it since. I was contacted last week by its second owner since me asking if I knew anything about gearbox issues. It transpires that his gearbox is kaput and he says JLR are claiming it missed a software recall early in its life, news to me, and as a result they are refusing to help him.

He has been quoted more than £5k to fix it.

Its a 60 plate Dynamic SD4, anyone aware of a early software recall ?

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
(This post was last modified: 22-02-2017 05:55pm by tetstb.)
22-02-2017 05:54pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

RE: Dead Evoque

Cant think of anything specific, but plug the chassis number into topix to see what is outstanding.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
22-02-2017 09:52pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
A1GSS

I'd ignore him. This has all the smell of someone starting an attempt to pin whatever problems he may now have, on you.

RR Evoque 2.0 SE Tech Auto, Loire Blue
Gone: D3 TDV6 Auto, Stornoway, much missed
Gone: FFRR TDV8 Auto, Stornoway, not missed a bit
22-02-2017 11:52pm
RacingSnake

(22-02-2017 11:52pm)A1GSS Wrote:  I'd ignore him. This has all the smell of someone starting an attempt to pin whatever problems he may now have, on you.
I'd actually kindof agree with Graham too... I did think it sounds odd... however, I sold a car about 7 or so years ago and he kept texting me 'updates' throughout his 5 year ownership on how good it was, what he was up to, where he had been, and then messaged me to tell me he sold it!! Laughing it was bordering on stalkerish... but it was nice to know at least my car went to a good home! Very Happy

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
23-02-2017 12:06pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

That's disturbing.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
23-02-2017 09:04pm
tetstb

Thanks, I'll politely reply telling him to consult the service history and topix. It did stink of a baited email and had I wondered if he was looking for someone to blame.

I'm actually quite annoyed at Pentland for giving him my contact info.

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
(This post was last modified: 25-02-2017 03:19pm by tetstb.)
25-02-2017 03:17pm
A1GSS

(25-02-2017 03:17pm)tetstb Wrote:  ... I'm actually quite annoyed at Pentland for giving him my contact info.

What? I'd be livid with Pentland for giving out your details, that's a breach of confidentiality and they've presumably committed an offence, I'd assumed you'd sold it personally! Now I'm amazed, in a bad way.

RR Evoque 2.0 SE Tech Auto, Loire Blue
Gone: D3 TDV6 Auto, Stornoway, much missed
Gone: FFRR TDV8 Auto, Stornoway, not missed a bit
25-02-2017 03:47pm
druand

I had one of the first Freelander 2 SD 190 Auto that dealer sold. I did have an update to rectify hang up in low gear. It would not change up at correct time. Intermittent.

This is totally irrelevant to contact by current owner. As the vehicle is 6 years old it is well away from expecting any goodwill from LR, also now 3rd owner.
If vehicle has been within LR dealerships from new and sold on twice as an Approved LR with LR warranty it should have had all updates during 132 point service checks prior to sale TWICE.
Nothing to do with you whatsoever.

Now driving Evoque 2.0 TD 180 Auto after 4 FL2.
25-02-2017 03:48pm
syl

(25-02-2017 03:17pm)tetstb Wrote:  I'm actually quite annoyed at Pentland for giving him my contact info.

Doesn't the V5 show the previous owner's details?

MY17 RR Evoque TD4 Autobiography
MY17 RRS SDV6 Autobiography
25-02-2017 05:03pm
Donny Dog

(25-02-2017 03:17pm)tetstb Wrote:  Thanks, I'll politely reply telling him to consult the service history and topix. It did stink of a baited email and had I wondered if he was looking for someone to blame.

I'm actually quite annoyed at Pentland for giving him my contact info.

I'd politely NOT reply to him!
25-02-2017 06:48pm