Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dead Evoque
Renlag13

Dead Evoque

Hi all

urgent help please if possible. I undertake unsealing of cars and I've had a 2012 Evoque SD4 auto in the workshop for the past 2 days (I run Evoque's myself and currently have a 65 plate HSE Dynamic Lux).

I went to move the customers car out this afternoon after completing the work, opened the door, interior lights come on, l put my foot on brake pedal, pushed the start button - nothing !. Strange I thought, tried again, nothing. Nothing on dashboard comes on, and the gear selector dial does light up or rise.

I have since done the following :

- got out, locked and unlocked the car - several times !
- charged the battery for an hour
- tried placing the smart key under the steering column
- tried jump leads

All with no effect whatsoever.

No dashboard lights or messages, no auto selector response.

Sidelights, and headlight flasher works, as does interior lighting and locking and unlocking.

I've spoken with dealers in Shrewsbury and they just suggested what I've already done. Spoken with a LR independent inTelford who suggested doing a hard reset by disconnecting the battery leads and touching them together for a few mins to drain things down (not heard of that one before) - not tried it yet as its a customers car.

I tried the forced raising of the gear selector by using the + paddle but no joy as there is no power getting to the selector. Its stuck in P so I can't move it.

The customer is bringing the 2nd fob tomorrow morning, but I'm not sure that is the problem, but it does seem to be like an immobilising issue.

Anyone experience or know of this happening - any advice warmly welcomed please

Thanks
11-01-2022 08:52pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
redrovor

RE: Dead Evoque

could the aux battery cause all that?
13-01-2022 02:19am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply