Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cruise control problem
Ghotson

Cruise control problem

I have a problem that my dealer has been unable to resolve – and hoping some forum members might be able to assist.

Really simply, the ‘set +’ button cruise control switch doesn't always engage the cruise control (non adaptive) – many times its fine – but regularly takes multiple presses of the set button to engage. This is all at regular cruising speed – circa 70 – 110km/h.

I've searched the forums - some members have mentioned a similar problem in passing - but nothing that identifies a definitive fix that I can see.

My dealer hasn't been able to replicate the problem (I'm not sure they have tried very hard) other than a drive I did with their tech (me driving), where it exhibited it twice - suggested I probably hadn't pressed it hard enough (even with a definite ‘click’). After pressing multiple times and it not engaging, I am pressing very firmly. Dealer claims they have never seen the issue before.

The obvious solution - the steering wheel button assembly - has already been replaced. No different.

I’m disappointed with a multitude of quality issues the vehicle has had and sick of going back to the dealer all the time – just want everything fixed (on the whole, the dealer has been very good - just disappointing that Land Rover can't screw them together properly in the first place).

Any suggestions or others that have had a similar issue? Thanks in advance.

MY13 SD4 Dynamic | 5dr | Auto | Firenze Red | Black contrast pano roof | 20” Style 5 wheels | Plus Pack (Velocity) | Adaptive Dynamics | Tech Pack | Convenience Pack | Sat nav | 825w Meridian | Gloss strata trim | Privacy glass | A/V pack with dual view
19-05-2015 09:47am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ChuckieB

RE: Cruise control problem

More than just a mention in passing. it is certainly a known issue as regards the loom that deals withe the left side controls and a mod is the designated solution. Results in a complete replacement of the wheel and associated components and a fix for the loom itself. Before mine was changed I recall having some issues with the cc but then not using it very much all the issues manifested themselves on the left side. Never did quite understand why the wheel itself was part of the mod?

Dealer needs to check all the technical bulletins.

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
(This post was last modified: 19-05-2015 11:50pm by ChuckieB.)
19-05-2015 11:48pm
Ghotson

UPDATE: The steering wheel and wiring loom has now been replaced per the Technical Bulletin after the buttons on the LHS of the steering wheel became a problem a few days after my original post. So that issue is fixed. Great.

BUT - the cruise control ‘SET / +’ button still doesn’t always engage. Same problem - no better, no worse – after 3 attempts now to fix over a number of months.

Dealer provided a MY15 SD4 Pure loan car for a couple of weeks to fix some issues (incl. this) and cruise control on that car was rock solid every time.

The dealer has promised to get some further advice from LR – back to the drawing board…

MY13 SD4 Dynamic | 5dr | Auto | Firenze Red | Black contrast pano roof | 20” Style 5 wheels | Plus Pack (Velocity) | Adaptive Dynamics | Tech Pack | Convenience Pack | Sat nav | 825w Meridian | Gloss strata trim | Privacy glass | A/V pack with dual view
06-07-2015 09:47am
doug

At what speed does the cruise control not operate work for ?

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
06-07-2015 09:53am
Ghotson

70 - 110km/hr - so not low speeds. Only a problem intermittently.

06-07-2015 11:05pm
doug

So around 40-70mph, well within the limits for the cruise to work

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
07-07-2015 04:16pm
Sarcastrix

Mine has been like that since new - I put it down as a RR 'feature'. Often you really have to hit the set button a couple of times.

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
07-07-2015 07:45pm
Clip

I don't even use mine, it's hopeless on anything other than a dead flat road. Slows down up hills, flys down them with no control at all - 1970s style!
09-07-2015 01:48am
mstraka

(09-07-2015 01:48am)Clip Wrote:  I don't even use mine, it's hopeless on anything other than a dead flat road. Slows down up hills, flys down them with no control at all - 1970s style!
My cruise control doesn't act like that. It adjusts to maintain the same speed up and down hills.
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2015 01:57pm by mstraka.)
10-07-2015 01:27pm
CRC@LandRover

Hi Ghotson,

Are you able to confirm if your concern has been resolved?

If this is still occurring, I will like to ensure that this is being raised accordingly. In order to do so, could you please PM me with the following information

Full Name:
Contact Tel No:
Contact Email:
Vehicle Reg:
Last 6 VIN:
Repairing retailer:

Many thanks,
Pete

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
28-07-2015 12:02pm