Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Courtesy cars
Redrob

Courtesy cars

On the subject of courtesy cars, I was wondering what is the best, and worst cars you have had?
Best was when we were rammed in our Q7, we were given a RRS 3.6 V8 for 2 weeks.
Worst was a Toyota Aygo when we took our Lexus IS300 in for bumper damage.

I think I know what Tony's worst will be. (Hope the Mondeo is better)

P.S. Thanks Evo king

MY13 Dynamic coupe Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY14 Dynamic 5 door Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY15 Dynamic Lux Fuji White Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc.
28-08-2014 11:04pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
markticktock

RE: Courtesy cars

I was given a Chevrolet Spark from Enterprise when my Evoque went in, they changed it the next day for a FL2 SD4 after I kicked off. Now have a Jaguar 2.2 Luxury while the Evoque is looked at again. (Nice car too with no rattles).
29-08-2014 03:12pm
Devonian

I had a Mini Countryman once which was easily the worse thing I've ever driven. Not that cheap to buy I think, but awful in every way.

2012-2014: Dynamic SD4 Auto Lux Coupe. Santorini Black, Style 7 20" Shadow wheels, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Xenons, High Beam Assist, Solar Attenuating Glass and black Dynamic Plus pack. Sold back to Land Rover due to many build quality issues.
On order: Corris Grey Dynamic SD4 5 door, black contrast pan roof, blind spot indicators, Intelligence Pack, Head Up Display, Solar Glass, 825W Stereo and powered tailgate.
30-08-2014 09:03am
Wife's car

When my Evoque went in for its first service they gave me a RR Sport Autobiography with everything added it was priced at 97K excellent pool car lol
(This post was last modified: 30-08-2014 09:54am by Wife's car.)
30-08-2014 09:53am
Stadt Panzer

Courtesy cars

My dealer always gives me a FL2 or a Volvo V40. And they've been servicing my LR's for the last 8 years.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
30-08-2014 11:52am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Ummmm I'm losing out somewhere along the line! Shanks' pony for me if the car is serviced in West London - the LPR dealership is 3 minutes walk from Park Royal Tube, 10 from Hanger Lane and Barnet is 10 minutes walk from High Barnet, so I don't get loaners. BUT when I go to collect new cars I get picked up in very nice cars indeed, when I went to collect the current Evoque I was collected from Hanger lane and taken to Barnet in a brand new F Type V8 Coupe, didn't half get a lot of looks! I was offered to drive it round north London but preferred to be driven by Jeremy from Grange Garage.
If I take cars to my local dealer in Scotland then I get a run to the bus depot or if they have a spare driver then I will be run the 16 miles home, I don't usually ask for a loaner as I have the Defender I can use instead.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
30-08-2014 01:54pm
cardiffevoque

I've had a variety of courtesy cars from Stratstones Newport when my Evoque has been in for repair/service. Jag XF, RR Sport (old model), FL2 and humble Focus. Whilst there is supposedly a £12/day fee they tend to waive that I've found because of the RR badge. Apart from the Focus they do seem to try to provide decent loan cars in place of the Evoque. The FL2 I've had twice, once recently for 5 days when a gear box seal leak was sorted out - I think that was an expensive warranty claim for LR!

SD4 Dynamic, 5 door, manual, Firenze Red with Fuji roof, adaptive headlights, auto dimming mirror, spare wheel Very Happy
30-08-2014 05:36pm
Evo-king

Jag XF from my current dealer.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
30-08-2014 07:11pm
AAA86

Courtesy cars

Lucky you guys! The first time they gave me a shuttle service, the second was a kia rental from enterprise, which was dirty as hell! I was not impressed
30-08-2014 08:18pm
rchrdleigh

Evoque SD4 Prestige and a Freelander 2 SD4 Dynamic were the last two, both from Enterprise. Usually I get the Dealer to pick up and return to where I happen to be working at no cost.
31-08-2014 11:13am