Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cosworth Blue anybody?
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Cosworth Blue anybody?

Over on our RRS sister forum there is a thread about a wrapped RRS2 out in Australia that is a very splendid shade of blue. It's a wrap but a very good one and the brushed stainless steel effect roof wrap compliments it well, thread with photos here http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic36732.html Could be easily persuaded to do that to mine, but would leave the roof black, and bumper trims black I think, otherwise too many colours, although I do like the brushed stainless effect on the roof of that one.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 30-07-2014 06:48am by XFullFatTim.)
29-07-2014 05:05pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

RE: Cosworth Blue anybody?

Yeah, that looks quite smart Smile

(you have an extra 'dot' at the end of your hyperlink)

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
29-07-2014 08:10pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Devonian

I love that colour. Would have had mine in that if it had been available at the time.

Land Rover should bring that colour out.

2012-2014: Dynamic SD4 Auto Lux Coupe. Santorini Black, Style 7 20" Shadow wheels, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Xenons, High Beam Assist, Solar Attenuating Glass and black Dynamic Plus pack. Sold back to Land Rover due to many build quality issues.
On order: Corris Grey Dynamic SD4 5 door, black contrast pan roof, blind spot indicators, Intelligence Pack, Head Up Display, Solar Glass, 825W Stereo and powered tailgate.
29-07-2014 09:49pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

(29-07-2014 08:10pm)RacingSnake Wrote:  (you have an extra 'dot' at the end of your hyperlink)

Hopefully surplus dot is no longer!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
30-07-2014 06:49am
PhilSkill

That's a proper Blue, none of that namby pamby Mauritius, or deadly dull Buckingham! Laughing

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
30-07-2014 11:12am
Sarcastrix

Kahn have been using a similar shade of 'imperial' blue for a number of years on their RR's, along with the brushed roof, so I guess that's where he go the idea for it.

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
30-07-2014 04:07pm
vinny

Middle one gets my vote.Smile

My order- fuji white sd4 manual coupe,tech pack,xenons,style 6 20's,pano roof,privacy,front fogs,rear camera,folding mirrors,ebony int/ivory headliner,dec delivery.(still waiting!) Collected 14/01/2012
NOW SOLD as of 26/07/14 Very Happy
Now driving Audi SQ5, everything the Evoque should of been.
30-07-2014 08:31pm
m_101

That really is a nice shade of blue. I could be very tempted to get that done to mine, price dependent!

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
30-07-2014 09:29pm
mark_n

I agree with Phil, the current blues are poor.

I saw an old RR Sport in what turned out to be Bali blue, close to the blues shown here and much better that the dull Buckingham/Loire blues.

I do think the RR colour palette is dull. Take out the colours on the white-silver-grey-black axis and what are you left with?

It's about time too that LR offered paint-to-sample as an option...

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
01-08-2014 06:12am
Chrisr1806

Have you seen Loire blue in the flesh?

It's very bright and sparkly when the sunlight hits it.

Arrived: MY14.5 RRS HSE SDV6 in Loire Blue, Ivory interior, piano black trim, privacy glass,
panoramic sunroof, tow bar, mudflaps and full size spare Cool

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black, 19" Alloys, ebony interior,
piano black trim & grab handles, privacy glass, lux pack, rear spoiler, mudflaps and tow bar Very Happy
01-08-2014 10:29am