Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Coolant Level Low
DB_NC_12RRE

RE: Coolant Level Low

(03-12-2012 11:53am)simonc Wrote:  Had this message popping up on my Si4 when first starting over the past few days and today brought it into the dealer to have a look and they confirmed there is a pressure loss in the system so they need to have a closer look at the problem. Hoping it won't take too long to sort out but apparently it will take a couple of days or so.

Oh and as for what coolant is used, it does mention it in the manual (which I don't have to hand), but I think it was a 50/50 mix of water and Texaco XLC antifreeze coolant.

I bought some Rover coolant, I have had mine go 'low' twice (first time just a couple of mm below the coolant tank MAX level, then again this past weekend, where I had to fill it again with whatever is containined in two LARGE turkey basters. They did a pressure test on it and said it's fine. This engine seems to use coolant, I do not understand, I have seen no evidence on the garage floor but will be watching the level like a hawk.

I also had TPMS fault message, and a 'no monitoring in right front tire' message, which they said was a spurious software glitch.

I'm becoming increasingly disattisfied with this vehicle and all it's niggling little issues, when everything is fine I love it, but I value reliability highly and after 15k miles I'm starting to see a lot of strange issues.

2012 Indus Silver/Almond Pure 5-door, Plus Package, Climate Comfort, Sirius, HDD Nav
13-03-2013 05:59pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Crustydaemon

Even I had the same warning pop up every morning when start the car for the first time(Odo reading was less than 700 miles), I called up the dealer and they said some evoque(s) have a slow leak of the coolant and LR does not allow the dealer to repair unless the customer complaints. I went to the dealer and just topped up the coolant (coolant level was barely less than the max) and since then I have not seen the warning message again.

can anyone put a picture of the TPMS warning msg??
14-03-2013 06:40pm
ultimabg

This is a known issue.
I am from Spain and I had the same problem. After 3 intents they found the problem and solved it. They published the issue and the solution in the KEDB of Range Rover.
08-04-2013 03:16pm
scrannel

(13-03-2013 05:59pm)DB_NC_12RRE Wrote:  I have seen no evidence on the garage floor but will be watching the level like a hawk.

It's not on the floor because it's leaking into the head. Then burned. I thought this issue was pretty well sorted in the States. Or at least, understood.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2013 03:19pm by scrannel.)
09-04-2013 03:18pm