Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cobra Tracking systems
Onebigjobby

Cobra Tracking systems

Hi everyone

I want to get a tracking system on my Evoque as i drive to europe a few times a year.
After trawling the web i am thinking that the cobra tracking system is looking like the one i will install.
There website says the are the official tracker supplier for and i quote
Audi, Bentley, Ferrari, Infiniti, Lamborghini, Maserati, McLaren, Mercedes-Benz Trucks, Nissan, Porsche, Renault and Tesla.
This list seems impressive to me and im thinking if its good enough for these cars its gotta be about the best for an Evoque!
So has anyone installed a cobra system or had one, and what are your impressions? or am i completely wrong to go for cobra and should i go for something else.
Your thought would be much appreciated. Many thanks Onebigjobby Smile
20-11-2011 11:50pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

RE: Cobra Tracking systems

I have the Porsche VTS (Vehicle Tracking System) which is a Cobra system and it works fine. Keep in mind there is an annual monitoring fee (about £200 but the detail offer will vary) but this is more than offset by the reduction in insurance cost.

The issue is that an after-market tracking system must necessarily splice into the existing wiring which may void your electrical warranty - it does in the case of Porsche, for example.

It's always better if the installation is anticipated and the necessary wiring connections (for example, power, armed/unarmed, door open etc) are provided by the vehicle manufacturer. I thought LR had done this for their own branded tracking system but I may be wrong.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
21-11-2011 12:05am
DDX

Cobra Tracking systems

I had the Porsche VTS system too and for me, the only annoying thing is the ADR. Its a small fob that you need to have with you at all times (preferably not with the keys), otherwise the system emits a signal to the monitoring station.

I believe the ADR is part of all cobra trackers.

Evoque 5dr Dynamic SD4 Auto, Fuji/Vortex, 20" Style 7's, Panoramic Roof, Ebony Headlining, Keyless Entry, Premium Mats, Heated S/W, Park Assist, Power Tailgate, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel

Very Happy ARRIVED Very Happy
21-11-2011 01:28am
woodhouse

I have this one http://trackmefree.com/viewitem.php?productid=2 in my Evoque, it is fully self contained and just sticks on with magnetic back. I have put it behind the pull out on the left side of the boot, it does not have a full view of the sky but works perfectly well and the best thing is it does not need any wiring just charge it up and stick it on. it is supposed to last 60 days between charges, I have had it in 2 weeks and it still shows 68% charge so maybe it will. Downside is it is not insurance company approved but at less then £200 with no subscription fees I think it is well worth it for the peace of mind.

Unfortunatly the tracker is still telling me my car is back at the dealer again trying to sort out the steering problem!
21-11-2011 09:52am
QueJumper

Cobra Tracking systems

Why worry about it unless your insurance company specifies you must have one which I thought was unlikely on sub50k cars?

Now Sold - Small, clean, fun car mainly for me - Sd4 Dynamic Lux - White/Black roof

Still going strong - Big, dirty, fun car mainly for the wife, kids and dog - Disco 4 - Blue (with lots of mud outside, sweets & litter inside)
21-11-2011 01:42pm
DDX

Cobra Tracking systems

I was a victim of an attempted car jacking a while back and as the car will be transporting my children, this is the only reason I want it. If the car was ever stolen would rather get a pay out the rather than It being recovered and me having to drive it after some dirty scumbag has. This is the only downside of the tracker.

Evoque 5dr Dynamic SD4 Auto, Fuji/Vortex, 20" Style 7's, Panoramic Roof, Ebony Headlining, Keyless Entry, Premium Mats, Heated S/W, Park Assist, Power Tailgate, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel

Very Happy ARRIVED Very Happy
21-11-2011 03:07pm
griff

Tracker is also a good name.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
21-11-2011 04:05pm
QueJumper

Cobra Tracking systems

So you want a real time tracker then? There's loads of these around which can power off 12v and come out cheaper than dedicated theft protection systems.

Now Sold - Small, clean, fun car mainly for me - Sd4 Dynamic Lux - White/Black roof

Still going strong - Big, dirty, fun car mainly for the wife, kids and dog - Disco 4 - Blue (with lots of mud outside, sweets & litter inside)
21-11-2011 07:04pm
Mag1c_dragon

I am planning on fitting this to my car

http://www.trafficmaster.co.uk/content/1...cking.html

Ordered June 11, Built - 24th November - Delivered - 7th Dec - NO DELAYS

Fuji White SD4 Dynamic, Auto, 5 Door, Black contrast roof with Panoramic Sunroof, Vortex Interior, Shadow Alloys, Ebony Roof Liner, Surround Cameras, TPMS Very Happy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnrampton/6495208095/
21-11-2011 08:58pm
Evo-king

(21-11-2011 08:58pm)Mag1c_dragon Wrote:  I am planning on fitting this to my car

http://www.trafficmaster.co.uk/content/1...cking.html

Are the any insurance benefits with this?

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
21-11-2011 09:25pm