Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Car stolen - hit and run
Rxa

Car stolen - hit and run

I put my current car up for sale on Auto Trader as my Evoque is due for delivery next month. Tonight a guy came to see my 2008 C-Class, started it up and drove off in it before I could get in it. It was stupid of me to keep the car engine running as he wanted to hear the engine. I tried to grab on to the passenger side door handle, he dragged me 20 ft down the road, I fell on the ground, bruised and grazed. The police came with in 5 mins as my neighbours saw me lying on the ground and called them right away.

I feel so angry right now, just glad that I didn't suffer any more serious injuries. The car was stolen from Swiss Cottage in London. Its a silver C200 CDI Sport, reg LO08YRJ. The police have said they have informed all Met Police units and the number plate has been given to the APNR cameras. Hoping that my insurance company Admiral can help me out.

Evoque Prestige Lux Sd4 - Santorini Black/ Spirit Tan interior/ Style 7 Shadow Chrome wheels - ordered July 2012, delivered November 2012
1986 Range Rover 3.5 v8 in Dhaka, Bangladesh
23-10-2012 12:27am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Neo

Car stolen - hit and run

Wow that's very unfortunate and hope the police catch the culprits

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
23-10-2012 02:50am
AandM1228

RE: Car stolen - hit and run

(23-10-2012 12:27am)Rxa Wrote:  I put my current car up for sale on Auto Trader as my Evoque is due for delivery next month. Tonight a guy came to see my 2008 C-Class, started it up and drove off in it before I could get in it. It was stupid of me to keep the car engine running as he wanted to hear the engine. I tried to grab on to the passenger side door handle, he dragged me 20 ft down the road, I fell on the ground, bruised and grazed. The police came with in 5 mins as my neighbours saw me lying on the ground and called them right away.

I feel so angry right now, just glad that I didn't suffer any more serious injuries. The car was stolen from Swiss Cottage in London. Its a silver C200 CDI Sport, reg LO08YRJ. The police have said they have informed all Met Police units and the number plate has been given to the APNR cameras. Hoping that my insurance company Admiral can help me out.

Jeez! Glad you are ok, it's probably a good thing you were not in the car as who knows what he would have done otherwise.
23-10-2012 07:29am
PhilSkill

Sad news hope you're ok, Not worth getting yourself injured by these pond life, hopefully your insurance will pay you out and you'll never see it again, I doubt it's running those plates now, it's probably in a container waiting to get on one of Tim's ships, let us know how you get on with Admiral.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
23-10-2012 07:34am
caroline11000

OMG how awful, glad you were not seriously hurt!

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
23-10-2012 08:41am
RacingSnake

Thats shocking Sad

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
23-10-2012 08:51am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chiggy

wow!

sorry to hear about the unfortunate happenings!

hope insurance covers it... ! and hope you didn't get badly injured.

If anything it's probably over in eastern europe by now.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
23-10-2012 09:13am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Sorry to hear about this. It occurs a lot more often than you would imagine and especially with older Land Rovers. I would suggest that you post on all the Mercedes forums you can find, also on the other forums that Martin owns. Do you have any photos of the car. Good luck with dealing with your insurers, might be worth employing your own claim manager to deal with it.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
23-10-2012 10:17am
Michelle

Incredible! Shocking! Very sorry such a thing happened. Glad you're not too badly injured. I hope they catch the b******.

Ordered 8th march: SD4 Prestige auto, Fuji, panoramic roof, Cirrus/lunar interior, rear view camera, blind spot monitoring, Nav,heated front seats
Delivery: 6th December!
(This post was last modified: 23-10-2012 07:45pm by Michelle.)
23-10-2012 10:34am
WB
WB

That's horrific - really sorry to hear that and hope your insurance claim goes ok.
23-10-2012 11:11am