Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Car nearly here...but...
paul

RE: Car nearly here...but...

This why I'm not keen on retrofit film...

The dot matrix problem

Most cars have a black ceramic 'frit' edge on the rear window. Sometimes this ceramic edge is straight and flat, sometimes it will have a dotted matrix edge. These black ceramic dots are quite thick on most cars and prevent the film from sticking to the area between the dots. This results in a whitish looking strip trimming the glass.
15-02-2012 11:31pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
crown62

I'd take the car and see how you feel. If after a week as per advice get a high quality tint applied.
I have had my dynamic a few weeks now and purposely did not want privacy glass, I think it can make a 5 door look van like as the contrast is so great. My neighbour has a pure With factory tint, so I've had them side by side and I'm still pleased with my choice.

Current : 2012 Si4 Firenze red Dynamic 5 door black pano roof
Lotus 2013 Elise S3
2014 Hyundai i10
For 2016 ?
17-02-2012 08:50am
cjfp

I'm happy without privacy glass (have it on the FL2 and purposely decided NOT to have it on the Evoque)

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
17-02-2012 09:22am
paul

I guess privacy glass is like any option...some like it, some don't. So I see this a bit like someone ordering a red car, and the dealer supplying a blue car. Then suggesting they could wrap it in red for you, or that you could take the wrong colour, or that you could join the back of the queue again. Shocked As with anything, everyone's tastes are slightly different...but everyone wants what they actually ordered in the first place! Privacy glass aside, I hadn't even decided between the petrol and diesel models, and intended to have a quick drive of both again when dealer got me in to finalise on things.
17-02-2012 10:30am