Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Car Would Not Start Today
scottie99

Car Would Not Start Today

At present, I am stuck at home as my 10 month old car would not start.

I called out the LR service team at 11am only to be told they cannot attend until about 3.30pm. ( I live 20 mins from Glasgow city centre, not in the wilds).

I am really disapointed, both in the quality of the car and the recovery service.

In the past month, the car has flashed 'gearbox fault' and 'traction control not operational' (or similar)

Not happy, a lost day

ps they have since offered to send out the AA, but somehow I would feel hapier with the TR technician attending
19-11-2012 03:23pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sarcastrix

RE: Car Would Not Start Today

I've had all those errors, it sounds like the Body Control Module (CJB) has lost contact with the other thing (OBC).

Hopefully they can fix it on your drive.

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
19-11-2012 03:37pm
IKM

Makes me wonder just how long you'd have to wait if you broke down far out in the countryside rather than Glasgow suburbs. I think I'd compromise with the AA after so long. At least if they can't fix it they can fix you up with loan car. Good luck!

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
19-11-2012 03:44pm
scottie99

(19-11-2012 03:44pm)IKM Wrote:  Makes me wonder just how long you'd have to wait if you broke down far out in the countryside rather than Glasgow suburbs. I think I'd compromise with the AA after so long. At least if they can't fix it they can fix you up with loan car. Good luck!

LR service arrived at 4.45pm. (what a waste of a day)

Alternator was only puting out 50% of charge that it should have. He asures me it will be OK in the morning as he has reset it.
19-11-2012 06:44pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Ummm if you had looked outside you might have noticed that there are huge floods, landslides, trees down etc etc even in the centre of Glasgow. It's been horrific out here north of the city and certainly on my drive to Stirling this morning I miust have passed 6 or 7 RAC/AA/Greenflag vans tending cars that looked like they had ploughed on into deep water rather than launching themselves in slowly........ busy busy day for them out in the sticks north of the city.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
19-11-2012 07:34pm