Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cancelling HDD sat Nav
malph

RE: Cancelling HDD sat Nav

Has anyone inquired as to the cost of keeping the sat nav data up to date and how often the updates will be issued? From experience (BMW) I know it can be quite expensive.
Personally I would have been content with using my TomTom, but having the Tech Pack is the only way of getting a Heated Screen. Had the Heated Screen on my last 2 Kugas and wouldn't be without it.
22-12-2011 11:02am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LP

The Western Europe Maps from Navteq are £169 for the Freelander 2. I'm sure, if you were that way inclined, you could find them cheaper from a less reputable source.

http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSH...onMenu=YES
22-12-2011 11:31am
Straydox

(22-12-2011 09:45am)Rootsboy Wrote:  I had a chance the other day to try my iPhone sat nav software, and I have a solar-attenuated windscreen, all seemed to work fine. Will up date more when I get back of my trip away. I can understand that having all the important info from the built in system right in front of you between the dials would be of great use. And having a exturnal device kind of ruins the look of the clean lines of the dash. But in Europe this extra was another almost 2000 euros. And I had to stop somewhere on the extras.

It is a question of priorities - your Evoque will drive just fine on standard suspension, the novelty of AD will wear off fairly quickly (Magneride shocks actually degrade fairly quickly too) and then there are those 20" wheels - the Prestige 19" versions are just as round and keep the expensive alloy rims just a bit further away from the curb stones.....

There - now you can afford the Satnav, have a clean dash and have some spare change too.....Very Happy

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
22-12-2011 12:25pm
Token

I personally quite like the Sat Nav...sure, it's not the prettiest and there is some functionality that would be nice to have...but it is very functional, easy to use, and I really like the voice activation element.

People who are not ordering Sat Nav need to consider residuals...I have been buying cars in the 'luxury' category for the last 7 years and in that time I have had about 8 cars...I have had most brands (i.e. BMW, Merc, Audi, Range Rover, Porsche, Aston etc) and most types (i.e. from a 911, to a DB9, to a Range Rover Vogue) and various colours (i.e. silver, black, grey, red, blue)...and each of these cars have only two things in common...Sat Nav and Auto.

I reckon that most luxury car buyers want Sat Nav...I would never buy a car without one...because it is about luxury and experience...and having a portable Sat Nav stuck on the windscreen that then has to be put away each time etc is not a luxury experience.

On a functional level, Sat Nav is not good value for money...but it all depends on whether or not you attach value to experience...and I do.

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
22-12-2011 12:30pm
Rootsboy

(22-12-2011 12:25pm)Straydox Wrote:  It is a question of priorities - your Evoque will drive just fine on standard suspension, the novelty of AD will wear off fairly quickly (Magneride shocks actually degrade fairly quickly too) and then there are those 20" wheels - the Prestige 19" versions are just as round and keep the expensive alloy rims just a bit further away from the curb stones.....

There - now you can afford the Satnav, have a clean dash and have some spare change too.....Very Happy

Yes quite right! Because of where I live I will hardly never need to use sat nav. But I just had to have those big wheels and am quite happy with the sound system to. I think if I was still living in the uk I would have added a sat nav. In fact I would have added everything. As what I Paid for the car in spain I could have loaded the options to the max

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
22-12-2011 10:11pm
Barneyridge

(22-12-2011 12:30pm)Token Wrote:  I personally quite like the Sat Nav...sure, it's not the prettiest and there is some functionality that would be nice to have...but it is very functional, easy to use, and I really like the voice activation element.

People who are not ordering Sat Nav need to consider residuals...I have been buying cars in the 'luxury' category for the last 7 years and in that time I have had about 8 cars...I have had most brands (i.e. BMW, Merc, Audi, Range Rover, Porsche, Aston etc) and most types (i.e. from a 911, to a DB9, to a Range Rover Vogue) and various colours (i.e. silver, black, grey, red, blue)...and each of these cars have only two things in common...Sat Nav and Auto.

I reckon that most luxury car buyers want Sat Nav...I would never buy a car without one...because it is about luxury and experience...and having a portable Sat Nav stuck on the windscreen that then has to be put away each time etc is not a luxury experience.

On a functional level, Sat Nav is not good value for money...but it all depends on whether or not you attach value to experience...and I do.

Agree Token, I do not want a sat nav hanging from the windscreen. It is a luxury and convience to have it built in

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
24-12-2011 12:49am
Evoqess

(22-12-2011 12:25pm)Straydox Wrote:  It is a question of priorities - your Evoque will drive just fine on standard suspension, the novelty of AD will wear off fairly quickly (Magneride shocks actually degrade fairly quickly too) and then there are those 20" wheels - the Prestige 19" versions are just as round and keep the expensive alloy rims just a bit further away from the curb stones.....

You make a lot of sense Straydox! Anyone who has had to pay for rim repairs knows exactly what you are talking about. Smile

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
24-12-2011 03:23am