Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fuel Grades
Canuck2012

Fuel Grades

Like many others, waiting for a build / delivery date after putting my order in last week.

In the meantime, quick question about fuel grades. The Evoque manual requires 91 octane fuel whereas the Ford Explorer manual only requires 87 Octane (regular unleaded). I was under the impression that the Ford 2.0L Ecoboost engine in teh Explorere is the same engine used in the Evoque. Am I missing something?
03-01-2012 09:04pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evoqess

RE: Fuel Grades

Wouldn't that be nice! Had heard a rumour that the Ford Explorer/ Edge ecoboosts were ok with lower grade octane but higher grade recommended for best performance! Not sure I have the guts to go there against LR's directives though ....

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
04-01-2012 01:41am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lngrn36

RE: Fuel Grades

(03-01-2012 09:04pm)Canuck2012 Wrote:  Like many others, waiting for a build / delivery date after putting my order in last week.

In the meantime, quick question about fuel grades. The Evoque manual requires 91 octane fuel whereas the Ford Explorer manual only requires 87 Octane (regular unleaded). I was under the impression that the Ford 2.0L Ecoboost engine in teh Explorere is the same engine used in the Evoque. Am I missing something?
Yes, the boat! Laughing

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
04-01-2012 08:25pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply