Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can't decide!
Steve D

Can't decide!

Having sold our Freelander 2, we are actively looking for an Evoque. My wife will be the main driver. All we can definitely decide on is that it must be a 5 door Auto model with privacy glass in grey or black only. She doesn't mind a black contrast roof if we get a grey one. We are looking at prestige and dynamic models and this is where we are having trouble deciding. We are in our mid to late fifties and my wife seems to think that we are too old for the sporty looking Dynamic model. I initially disagreed but I'm now beginning to wonder. In the back of my mind is the fact that we bought a new Golf 5 years ago. Again, my wife was to be the main user but I kept upping and upping the spec and what was to be a mid-range 5 door 1.4 petrol model ended up as a 3 door 2.0 GTTDI. We also paid extra for upgraded (larger) alloys. Big mistake! It was a harsh, impractical ride. I just don't want to make the same mistake with a Dynamic model so I am now leaning more towards the Prestige. Possibly more suited to a couple of old farts and I'm thinking may be a bit more comfortable with the 19" wheels? Whatever model we decide on, I will absolutely, positively, definitely be getting the 'lux' pack! Any advice comparing the two? Has anyone started looking at one model and plumping for the other?

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2015 05:54pm by Steve D.)
10-10-2015 05:52pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lurcher

RE: Can't decide!

Just joined from Freel2 forum Steve , we went out early doors this morning to look at an Evoque which was on a dealers site 40 mins away in Yorkshire and as expected it had been sold when we got there at 8.20am .
We were looking at a 2015 Pure Tech Manual Blk with 4000mls , the dealer had 3 or 4 other in , 2 in Red with Black roofs which we didn't take to .
Like you the wife is the daily driver and if buying new and waiting for a 2016 model (del next yr) we would have chosen Corris Grey which is not far off the Orkney Grey in our 2014 FL2 .
Well they had a 2015 5d Corris Grey Pure Tech with 1500mls but Auto/privacy which we were considering so after a test drive we bought it .
It has the fixed Pan Sun roof which I probably wouldn't chosen on a new one but can live with it , hope you get sorted .

Julian

2015 Corris SD4 Auto Pure Tech 5 Door Pan Roof and Privacy Glass
10-10-2015 06:57pm
Steve D

Yep, I've come over from Freel2 - I sold our FL2 in the week. I saw one in a Yorkshire LR dealers site in the week - a 2013 grey (with black roof) Dynamic Auto with tech and lux packs and I really would have driven the 8 1/2 hour round trip to get it today. Of course it was sold as usual, but they kept pestering me with other cars I wasn't interested in. When I told him I only was looking for a grey one he phoned me up with a silver one. "It's a sort of light grey" he said! I ended up having to block his number on my phone! Wish I could have got sorted as quick as you.

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
10-10-2015 07:10pm
Denham5

(10-10-2015 05:52pm)Steve D Wrote:  Having sold our Freelander 2, we are actively looking for an Evoque. My wife will be the main driver. All we can definitely decide on is that it must be a 5 door Auto model with privacy glass in grey or black only. She doesn't mind a black contrast roof if we get a grey one. We are looking at prestige and dynamic models and this is where we are having trouble deciding. We are in our mid to late fifties and my wife seems to think that we are too old for the sporty looking Dynamic model. I initially disagreed but I'm now beginning to wonder. In the back of my mind is the fact that we bought a new Golf 5 years ago. Again, my wife was to be the main user but I kept upping and upping the spec and what was to be a mid-range 5 door 1.4 petrol model ended up as a 3 door 2.0 GTTDI. We also paid extra for upgraded (larger) alloys. Big mistake! It was a harsh, impractical ride. I just don't want to make the same mistake with a Dynamic model so I am now leaning more towards the Prestige. Possibly more suited to a couple of old farts and I'm thinking may be a bit more comfortable with the 19" wheels? Whatever model we decide on, I will absolutely, positively, definitely be getting the 'lux' pack! Any advice comparing the two? Has anyone started looking at one model and plumping for the other?

I did exactly the same. Traded in a Freelander 2 for an Evoque. Looked at both the dynamic and the prestidge and ended up with the latter mainly because of the seats which looked good in the dynamic, but not as comfortable as the prestidge.
10-10-2015 07:14pm
Lurcher

Anyone know where I can find details of the spec of my June 2015 Pure Tech , the brochure from the dealer is for 2016 Models .

thanks

2015 Corris SD4 Auto Pure Tech 5 Door Pan Roof and Privacy Glass
10-10-2015 08:47pm
Angel

Hi Steve.... have just come from a FL2..... had the evoque for a week now.... I have the dynamic and 20 inch wheels and what i've noticed is even over bumps it's a much softer ride than the FL..... I love it and it's my car not hubby's Smile
10-10-2015 09:09pm
coastev

Hi Steve,

As mid 50's here we went for Dynamic and just to top it off Black Pack with 20" wheels, at no stage did I think too old for this, quite the reverse, I thought how good does this look!

The 20's do provide a little more feel from the bumps but our other car is an Audi sedan with 19's and it has lower profile tyres than the EV, (35 on the Audi Vs 45 on the EV) and in the Audi its much harsher.

So just do what you want to do, and use the theory old enough not to care what others think!

Have fun
11-10-2015 02:44am
Gjh0702

Hi Changed from a Freelander 18 moths ago to 5 door Prestige 20 wheels. I am late 50's

Having had the use of a Dynamic for two weeks whilst mine was in garage- ride on Dynamic is better- if you are too old for the Red lights turn them off !!!
Go Dynamic

Prestige 5 door ,my 2014,Loire Blue, Silver Roof, Panoramic roof, privacy glass, 20in Alloy style 7
11-10-2015 10:56am
Steve D

I ended up with the Dynamic. Well pleased!

25-10-2015 08:04pm
coastev

(25-10-2015 08:04pm)Steve D Wrote:  I ended up with the Dynamic. Well pleased!

Congratulations hope you enjoy, I am off to do the LR experience next month so hopefully understand more about mine
25-10-2015 09:07pm