Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Camera system fault
Norzlein

Camera system fault

Hi guys,

I've got my car last week and it's been pretty good driving the it. For those who are waiting for your car, it won't disappoint you Surprised

However...some problems.
I'm struggling with camera system. It gives me "Camera System Fault" at small LCD and camera bottom is blacked out in big LCD. I've tried engine off -> waits for few hours -> on for several times but things no change. Does anyone has same issue and fixed it??

I've already contacted my dealer, they said that I need to bring the car to the shop, which is going to be next weekCrying
05-02-2013 11:36am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

RE: Camera system fault

There have been a few reports of issues with rear cameras recently suffering from water ingress. Sounds like the dealer is going to need to investigate.

If you have Land Rover Assistance in Japan it may be worth calling them as they may be able to come to you to reset the system?
05-02-2013 11:56am
SimonS

The rear camera does not like power washers.

SD4 Manual Prestige/Baltic Blue/PSR/Privacy glass/heated Steering wheel/spare.
05-02-2013 12:30pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Sorry to contradict you, but my car has only ever had hot pressure washes and never had an issue with the rear cam except it is very slow to engage.
If you can see waves in the screen then you have water ingress Wink

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2013 12:39pm by XFullFatTim.)
05-02-2013 12:39pm
Norzlein

(05-02-2013 11:56am)WB Wrote:  There have been a few reports of issues with rear cameras recently suffering from water ingress. Sounds like the dealer is going to need to investigate.

If you have Land Rover Assistance in Japan it may be worth calling them as they may be able to come to you to reset the system?

Thanks WB, in fact your information was very interesting to me. I had to take my car to dealer once for final check up. I've asked them to wash it because it was already dirty after several drives. Then I got my car back and I've found this issue while driving home. I did engine off / on several times and sometime it recovered, but not anymore. Anyway, I would have a close attention for water issue.
(05-02-2013 12:30pm)SimonS Wrote:  The rear camera does not like power washers.

Thanks SimonS, I'll have a close attention about it, might ask dealer for it too.
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2013 02:10pm by Norzlein.)
05-02-2013 02:07pm
WB
WB

(05-02-2013 12:39pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Sorry to contradict you, but my car has only ever had hot pressure washes and never had an issue with the rear cam except it is very slow to engage.

+1 I used a pressure washer on my first Evoque for a year and had no issues - I think they had a batch of bad cameras
05-02-2013 02:38pm
ChuckieB

(05-02-2013 12:39pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  If you can see waves in the screen then you have water ingress Wink

If you can see waves in the screen then I would suggest you are beyond maximum wading depth and need to move pretty sharpish!Laughing

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
05-02-2013 05:54pm
SimonS

(05-02-2013 12:39pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Sorry to contradict you, but my car has only ever had hot pressure washes and never had an issue with the rear cam except it is very slow to engage.

When we went to pick up our first Evoque there was a 24 hr delay as the Wash bay at Morrisons had managed to drown the camera with the pressure washer which caused the car to throw up a CAN bus fault.

SD4 Manual Prestige/Baltic Blue/PSR/Privacy glass/heated Steering wheel/spare.
05-02-2013 11:49pm
mark_n

Whether or not it's the cause if the problem in this case, it stands to reason not to direct a jet wash at sensitive areas of the car like cameras and parking sensors.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
05-02-2013 11:59pm
Norzlein

(05-02-2013 11:59pm)mark_n Wrote:  Whether or not it's the cause if the problem in this case, it stands to reason not to direct a jet wash at sensitive areas of the car like cameras and parking sensors.

True, I thought there was a sentence saying things like that in users manual.
06-02-2013 12:30am