Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Buy a new Evoque in other EU country.
jormi

Hello to all!

Do you know if I can buy a new 0 KM Evoque in EU country, other than the one I live?
I live in Portugal and here the evoque cost is about 10k € more than other EU countries Sad

Can you tell me about leather quality between Pure, Prestige and Dynamic?
They have different leather quality in dashboard too?

Thanks in advance Wink
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 05:32pm by jormi.)
04-04-2013 05:18pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Buy a new Evoque in other EU country.

Yes you can, that's one of the great things about the EU, and you should be able to get a Portuguese spec from any EU dealership, but you will still have to pay Portuguese taxes on it unless you keep it outside Portugal for however long your authorities require.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
04-04-2013 05:36pm
jormi

(04-04-2013 05:36pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Yes you can, that's one of the great things about the EU, and you should be able to get a Portuguese spec from any EU dealership, but you will still have to pay Portuguese taxes on it unless you keep it outside Portugal for however long your authorities require.
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I know about portuguese taxes (very high taxes), I just don't know how long I have to keep it outside Portugal.
04-04-2013 06:30pm
Stadt Panzer

Tried to PM you but you have it turned off. When are you looking at getting a new one?

Somewhere in the North Sea.
04-04-2013 06:40pm
Sarcastrix

Done it myself a few times on my 911, A6 and Evoque. Buying the car abroad is the easy part just make sure you compare the spec like for like.

Trying to avoid the New Car tax is almost impossible, to prevent it being classed as a "New Means of Transport" in your home country it will have to be more than 6months old AND have covered over 6000km. Therefore, buying a used car maybe a better option unless you've got somewhere else to 'hide' the car.

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 07:03pm by Sarcastrix.)
04-04-2013 07:02pm
jormi

(04-04-2013 06:40pm)Stadt Panzer Wrote:  Tried to PM you but you have it turned off. When are you looking at getting a new one?
You can't send me pm's? I don't know why...

I want get one soon if I get a good deal.

(04-04-2013 07:02pm)Sarcastrix Wrote:  Done it myself a few times on my 911, A6 and Evoque. Buying the car abroad is the easy part just make sure you compare the spec like for like.

Trying to avoid the New Car tax is almost impossible, to prevent it being classed as a "New Means of Transport" in your home country it will have to be more than 6months old AND have covered over 6000km. Therefore, buying a used car maybe a better option unless you've got somewhere else to 'hide' the car.
Thanks for your reply. Yes, you're right, the easy part is to buy it, and the hardest part is to pay low and fair taxes...
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 11:26pm by jormi.)
04-04-2013 11:21pm
Stadt Panzer

You have your PM turned off I expect. I know of a high spec dynamic which will be up for sale soon.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
05-04-2013 07:27am
doug

Jormi,
You need 5 posts for the PM's to work. One more to go Smile[/i]

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
05-04-2013 07:39am
srycroft

Hi Jormi

I looked into this when I bought my Evoque in Portugal and - unless you're a new resident who has had the car outside Portugal for a year or so and can prove that you had it registered to a UK address for this period - there's very little scope to get round the Portuguese import tax. Basically the taxes will take the cost of the car up to at least the new purchase price in Portugal. I've read nightmare stories about going through the whole process with the Alfandega (customs) and IPO for matriculation.

Having said that many ex pats here keep their cars registered in the UK. This is risky as technically they should 1. be able to prove that they've left Portugal every six months to avoid the import rules and 2. have current road tax and insurance. The only insurance company I know of that will insure a UK car here in Portugal is Abbeygate, based in Gibraltar.

Hope that helps.

Due Feb 28th: 5 Dr Fuji White Prestige TD4, Spirit interior, Panoramic roof
05-04-2013 08:17am
jormi

Thanks doug for information about pm's.

Thanks srycroft for your reply, it was very helpfull for me because you tried just what I'm trying. Unfortunately it's not easy buy a 0 km car in other country without pay the high taxes of country where we live...

Stadt Panzer, I guess from now, I´ll be able to send and receive PM's.
05-04-2013 06:40pm