Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bummed, 2100 miles and my first nasty door ding!!
mark_n

RE: Bummed, 2100 miles and my first nasty door ding!!

I really sympathise because every time I park, it's in my mind and I try to minimise the risk - end of row, top floor, furthest away - and I'm more aware than ever with an RRS now that it's even more vulnerable. I think parking where there will be the longest walk helps because most people are so lazy they will park as close as possible.

I have a many-dented Subaru for what is the highest risk stuff - supermarkets, railway stations, airports - and each time it picks up a new dent, I'm grateful it's not on one of my other cars.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
11-05-2015 04:01am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mstraka

(10-05-2015 10:06am)Simplesimon Wrote:  HotLap.
I Feel your pain. I really do!
We have just done the same miles as you. My missus takes the car to work twice per week. (Used to be everyday in old car)Where she parks it in a hospital car park!
Every time she comes home I check down the sides etc for any dings et.
Our previous car a Rav 4 was constantly getting dings, and even though we had them pushed out. The panels are never the same, and my eyes are always drawn to them!
As for supermarkets. I now always sit in the car while she goes in to do the shopping!
And like you. Without wishing to offend anyone. I have seen it so many times where some obese lady who can hardly stand up, throws their shed door open with total disregard and waddles off usually with a stick, to restock with pizza, coke, crisps and other high calorie rubbish!
Should be an option nowadays to order spare doors on the configurator, so colour etc is the same at build.
Expensive I know. But better than the heartbreak of constantly looking at a badly dented door etc!!
Funnily enough though. We have had sidesteps fitted. And I have noticed recently,people tend to park a bit further off than before. Fingers crossed!
When I hear of a parking lot incident like this it affects me because it is just one aspect of a larger attitude – a life style of disrespect and laziness. Yesterday at a large wholesaler two women with six children (four were infants) were ‘tearing’ through a display of neon colored slogan T-shirts advertising the wearer’s sexual proclivity, making a mess of the display. The two older children were running wild – one found fun in grabbing a large packaged flashlight using it as a club to hit shelf items and also hit his partner. The women could have cared less about what their children were doing. At that time I hoped they didn’t park their car next to mine in the store’s parking lot.
11-05-2015 02:25pm
Simplesimon

I'm afraid, one of the biggest problems in today's society is jealousy!

A lot of people want what others have worked hard for for nothing!
And if they can't have it,they show total disrespect to those that have.
The scroungers of this world can get there hands on most things, with their benefits etc. huge tv's, iPhones, pet alligators and so on.
But cars such as a Range Rover. Are way beyond their reach. Unless they buy a clapped out early model.
And they don't like the fact that someone has got something they haven't!

Mark my words. If you park your car in a supermarket car park miles away from anyone else. Some nasty little (or big) turd, will park next to you to wind you up, or worse put a ding in the side!

Same goes for the car thieves. The nasty little scrotes steal instead of working hard and saving like most decent people. Mainly to fund their drug addiction. Because mummy and daddy abused them or denied them when they were kids!!

What the hell has happened to society?
Just watching some VE Day Programmes over the weekend, made me sick to the stomache, to think of the world we now live in!!

Part 2 to follow. Evil
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2015 03:35pm by Simplesimon.)
11-05-2015 03:33pm
HotLap

Thanks everyone for your kind and sympathetic replies. I've been busy latterly but am going to get it in for the dent to be repaired soon and discuss touch up options. Once the dent is out I can probably live with the scar, just unfortunate that these kinds of people (well documented by the above replies) can get into your pocketbook this way...imagine the staggering cost they add to the already overburdened health care costs in this country...don't get me going on that Wink

2015 Evoque Prestige in Santorini Black with Ivory/Espresso interior
11-05-2015 05:24pm