Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Build Date
musher

Build Date

Morning all,

Does anyone know how long it is after placing your order that the dealer knows of the build date for your car??

MY 14 Fuji 5 Door Dynamic SD4 9 Speed Auto Box with pano roof, auto boot, Auto dimming rear view mirror, Privacy glass, Mud Flaps, Bonnet/Boot black Lettering and 5 year service plan thrown in for good measure
05-10-2011 08:54am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

RE: Build Date

My order went in last saturday, I was told I'd "have an idea" by December.
05-10-2011 09:04am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
musher

God that longSadSad

MY 14 Fuji 5 Door Dynamic SD4 9 Speed Auto Box with pano roof, auto boot, Auto dimming rear view mirror, Privacy glass, Mud Flaps, Bonnet/Boot black Lettering and 5 year service plan thrown in for good measure
05-10-2011 09:11am
RacingSnake

It was explained to me usuing various visual analogies which I shall fail to explain thus:
Think of a funnel, the main hopper section is where every dealer 'dumps' their orders waiting to be picked to join the build queue. Each dealer depending on size seems to be allowed a certain number of deliveries within a specific timescale.
In my case I am number 27 on the dealer order list, which means I have to wait for the other 26 to make their way down the funnel... I can't remember what my dealer said their monthly delivery allocation was, but it wasn't huge, and the remaining 26 people ahead of me (in this dealership) meant that I was unlikely get into the funnel section until december.

Might be different for you in portsmouth? give your dealer a call.
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2011 09:18am by RacingSnake.)
05-10-2011 09:17am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tyke2

My dealer placed the order on the computer and a build date was given straight away.

Vw Campervan Hire - http://www.happydayscampers.co.uk
06-10-2011 09:39am
caroline11000

(06-10-2011 09:39am)tyke2 Wrote:  My dealer placed the order on the computer and a build date was given straight away.
Same here!

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
06-10-2011 09:42am
RacingSnake

what the...?
Phone call today me thinks.
06-10-2011 10:04am
DDX

ITs worth calling around as different dealers have different allocations and different areas have less demand for the Evoque. Im in London and have ordered my vehicle from Tonbridge as they could get me a car quicker. In fact, I don't think i've ever purchased a car in London as the demand is usually more and the wait is longer.

Evoque 5dr Dynamic SD4 Auto, Fuji/Vortex, 20" Style 7's, Panoramic Roof, Ebony Headlining, Keyless Entry, Premium Mats, Heated S/W, Park Assist, Power Tailgate, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel

Very Happy ARRIVED Very Happy
06-10-2011 10:13am
simonc

(06-10-2011 09:39am)tyke2 Wrote:  My dealer placed the order on the computer and a build date was given straight away.
Probably depends if your dealer still has some of their allocation of order slots for this month left - my understanding is that each dealership gets x number of order slots per month, depending on location / anticipated demand etc. I've got my deposit down and I've given the spec I'd like to my dealer (Hunters in Southampton) but have been advised they can't actually enter it onto the order system until later this month, so I'm assuming I have an order slot for next month - they estimated a delivery time of March/April when I put the deposit down at the launch weekend.

Dynamic Si4 5dr Orkney Grey, Black Pano, Vortex + Ebony, Keyless Entry, Spare Wheel
Collected 12th March 2012
06-10-2011 01:48pm
RacingSnake

Having just spoken to my dealer, he reconfirmed that it is likely to be a couple of months before I get a build date.... ie my 'slot' hits the funnel.
06-10-2011 04:30pm