Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Build Date
ajmooseman

RE: Build Date

Struggling to understand this a little, are you saying it will be 2 months before you get a confirmed build date, or a few months before your actual build?
I guessing it's the first, i understand the funnel theory, which to me is utter rubbish, a person who orders a vehicle today should get it before a person that orders it in 2 weeks time regardless of the dealer, smaller dealers are never going to sell more cars if they don;t get build slots because the big boys have them.

Just out of interest what happens if you wait 2 months for a build date, which then turns out to be 3 months down the line, with the delivery being a month later, 6 months wait I could handle if a new but being told after 2 months it would 4 months maybe more, would you be happy with this?
06-10-2011 05:00pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

The way it was told to me was that the first of your options... I think technically it would go in order, but in reality, I have no way of knowing?
I'm going back in tomorrow for another test drive (I havent driven an sd4 yet despite ordering it) so I'll seek further clarification on the process.
06-10-2011 09:08pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lulu101

(05-10-2011 09:17am)RacingSnake Wrote:  It was explained to me usuing various visual analogies which I shall fail to explain thus:
Think of a funnel, the main hopper section is where every dealer 'dumps' their orders waiting to be picked to join the build queue. Each dealer depending on size seems to be allowed a certain number of deliveries within a specific timescale.
In my case I am number 27 on the dealer order list, which means I have to wait for the other 26 to make their way down the funnel... I can't remember what my dealer said their monthly delivery allocation was, but it wasn't huge, and the remaining 26 people ahead of me (in this dealership) meant that I was unlikely get into the funnel section until december.

Might be different for you in portsmouth? give your dealer a call.

I ordered in July and at the time said I didn't want it until March next year, obviously after the launch and test drive in September, told my dealer I wanted it NOW!!, still no build date though, in the holding pool, just wondering if I am one of the 26 in front of you Confused

Delivered , Pure 5 door in fuji , SD4 Auto, 19" style 4 sparkle wheels, almond/espresso interior, tech pack, xenon headlights, fog lamps, rear camera, park assist, folding mirrors and mats, and last minute addition of Privacy Glass Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2011 04:50pm by lulu101.)
07-10-2011 04:49pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply