Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Brushed Aluminium
BeemerBoy

Brushed Aluminium

Does anybody know if you can get brushed aluminium trim for the mid dash beam?

I thought i'd cracked it ordering gloss black strata & brushed aluminium for the dynamic but alas doesn't seem to be the case.

Sad

SD4 - Orkney Grey - Dynamic Coupe Lux: ebony leather, style 8, black panoramic roof, satin brushed and gloss black interior, aeroflip, adaptive xenons
29-08-2012 09:58pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RREVO

RE: Brushed Aluminium

(29-08-2012 09:58pm)BeemerBoy Wrote:  Does anybody know if you can get brushed aluminium trim for the mid dash beam?

I thought i'd cracked it ordering gloss black strata & brushed aluminium for the dynamic but alas doesn't seem to be the case.

Sad

I didn't want the original plasticy silver trim in my dymamic also, so I ordered the aluminium trim option, thinking

everything center console/horizontal mid section etc would be aluminium. Sadly when the car arrived this isn't the case.

The only thing I can think of is to fit the mid trim aluminium part that's an option with the prestige. But why couldn't it have been done in the first place like we asked/wanted Question

Dynamic Si4 Auto 5dr, Orkney Grey, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Powered open & close Tailgate, 20” Gloss black wheels
30-08-2012 12:41pm
Kimv

Brushed Aluminium

(30-08-2012 12:41pm)RREVO Wrote:  I didn't want the original plasticy silver trim in my dymamic also, so I ordered the aluminium trim option, thinking

Standard plasticky silver trim? Do you mean the standard textured aluminum?

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
30-08-2012 06:14pm
Ranger4

Didn't know that it was possible to order brushed aluminium on a dynamic, and I also never heard of silver plastic as an option either.

My dynamic came with textured aluminium, as standard, or I could have chosen black strata as the only other option.

5 door, SD4 Auto, Dynamic LUX, Orkney Grey, Verve Interior, Ebony Headlining, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel......
(This post was last modified: 30-08-2012 07:34pm by Ranger4.)
30-08-2012 07:34pm
Kimv

Brushed Aluminium

(30-08-2012 07:34pm)Ranger4 Wrote:  Didn't know that it was possible to order brushed aluminium on a dynamic, and I also never heard of silver plastic as an option either.

My dynamic came with textured aluminium, as standard, or I could have chosen black strata as the only other option.

As far as I know you can get the brushed aluminum on a Dynamic only if you take the Dynamic Plus Pack. This one is standard with black strata but you can take brushed aluminum as a free option.

Never heard of silver plastic neither though.

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
(This post was last modified: 30-08-2012 08:10pm by Kimv.)
30-08-2012 08:09pm
BeemerBoy

the textured aluminium is really just 'plasticky' and not very nice to the touch...

So could this be done a a dealer retrofit?

Best

SD4 - Orkney Grey - Dynamic Coupe Lux: ebony leather, style 8, black panoramic roof, satin brushed and gloss black interior, aeroflip, adaptive xenons
30-08-2012 08:25pm
WB
WB

If you mean the two sides of the console - yes they're available as parts - I think they're £75 each.
30-08-2012 09:07pm
Ranger4

(30-08-2012 08:09pm)Kimv Wrote:  As far as I know you can get the brushed aluminum on a Dynamic only if you take the Dynamic Plus Pack. This one is standard with black strata but you can take brushed aluminum as a free option.

Ok, I never saw that option. Wish I had though, because the black strata was one of the things putting me off going for the dynamic plus package. I think brushed aluminium would be so much nicer.

One good thing about the textured aluminium though, is that it seems to repel 'scratches' and 'dings'. I've knocked my centre console with the seat belt and my coat zip many times and it hasn't made a mark. The smoothness of the textured aluminium must be down to some sort of lacquer that they put on it perhaps....

5 door, SD4 Auto, Dynamic LUX, Orkney Grey, Verve Interior, Ebony Headlining, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel......
30-08-2012 10:30pm
RREVO

(30-08-2012 06:14pm)Kimv Wrote:  Standard plasticky silver trim? Do you mean the standard textured aluminum?

Maybe I wasn't that clear with my description of the standard Dymamic center counsol & mid horizontal trim (facia parts that run from door to door & vent controls, starter surround etc)
The dynamic I test drove and a textured holed type of finish which if is aluminium, does a great job of looking and feeling like plastic. Shocked Which is not what I wanted to have.
So after sitting in a Prestige with all the real brushed aluminium bits and bobs, I was smitten.
That's what I ordered to go into my Dynamic.
But that's not what turns up as the first poster has already mentioned.

Dynamic Si4 Auto 5dr, Orkney Grey, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Powered open & close Tailgate, 20” Gloss black wheels
31-08-2012 12:39pm
Kimv

Brushed Aluminium

(31-08-2012 12:39pm)RREVO Wrote:  Maybe I wasn't that clear with my description of the standard Dymamic center counsol & mid horizontal trim (facia parts that run from door to door & vent controls, starter surround etc)
The dynamic I test drove and a textured holed type of finish which if is aluminium, does a great job of looking and feeling like plastic. Shocked Which is not what I wanted to have.
So after sitting in a Prestige with all the real brushed aluminium bits and bobs, I was smitten.
That's what I ordered to go into my Dynamic.
But that's not what turns up as the first poster has already mentioned.

The parts in textured aluminum can be replaced if you're willing to pay the price for it. As someone mentioned, you can order the center side parts (the finishings on either side of the mid console) for 75£ each...

As for the surrounds around the vents, starter, window controls, etc... You can find those in aluminum on eBay.

That said, when I ordered I would have liked the brushed aluminum in the Dynamic as well but as you mentioned, it wasn't possible. Now I'm quite happy with the textured aluminum. It does look sportier.

(This post was last modified: 31-08-2012 01:02pm by Kimv.)
31-08-2012 01:02pm