Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Brushed Aluminium
WB
WB

RE: Brushed Aluminium

(31-08-2012 12:39pm)RREVO Wrote:  Maybe I wasn't that clear with my description of the standard Dymamic center counsol & mid horizontal trim (facia parts that run from door to door & vent controls, starter surround etc)
The dynamic I test drove and a textured holed type of finish which if is aluminium, does a great job of looking and feeling like plastic. Shocked Which is not what I wanted to have.
So after sitting in a Prestige with all the real brushed aluminium bits and bobs, I was smitten.
That's what I ordered to go into my Dynamic.
But that's not what turns up as the first poster has already mentioned.

Those are also available as parts - they're the same in the Prestige and Pure.
31-08-2012 01:24pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ranger4

I agree that the textured aluminium looks sporty and it definitely suits the spec/colour of car that I ordered.

You seem to be able to buy most parts/pieces from the web, so I'm sure a little searching will eventually find those brushed aluminium trims.

5 door, SD4 Auto, Dynamic LUX, Orkney Grey, Verve Interior, Ebony Headlining, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel......
31-08-2012 01:57pm
RREVO

(31-08-2012 01:57pm)Ranger4 Wrote:  I agree that the textured aluminium looks sporty and it definitely suits the spec/colour of car that I ordered.

You seem to be able to buy most parts/pieces from the web, so I'm sure a little searching will eventually find those brushed aluminium trims.

Nothing found on Ebay, but I did find this American company (Remin)
http://www.carid.com/2012-land-rover-ran...95842.html
who make a basic and a full kit for the Evoque in many finishes.
Pity it's not right hand drive as of yet, but the quality of their kits looks impressive.

Dynamic Si4 Auto 5dr, Orkney Grey, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Powered open & close Tailgate, 20” Gloss black wheels
31-08-2012 04:03pm
cjfp

Just beware, the brushed aluminium does dink easily when you put seatbelt on etc etc.

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Damage-to...re-console

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
31-08-2012 05:41pm
Neo

Brushed Aluminium

Glad I got the textured material as it doesn't scratch as easily

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
01-09-2012 01:47am
mark_n

Me too. The brushed aluminium may look good when new but if it gets scratched - which it will (because AL is very soft) there's nothing you can do - if you try to polish it out, you will take out the brushing as well. I think the textured finish on the Dynamic is ideal, hides marks really well.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
01-09-2012 07:25am
BeemerBoy

i think i'll probably go for a dealer swap job - i've had brushed aluminium on my bmw for over 5 years now and i've only the smallest of scratches on there.....

SD4 - Orkney Grey - Dynamic Coupe Lux: ebony leather, style 8, black panoramic roof, satin brushed and gloss black interior, aeroflip, adaptive xenons
02-09-2012 08:19pm