Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Boo-Ya!
same2you

Boo-Ya!

Picked it up this morning, and spent most of the day running between short drives and taking care of the wife/kids that were struck with the Flu.

Some things that I have noticed...
1. I was intending on utilizing a 250GB SSD Hard Drive to provide movies for the kids to watch on the Rear Seat Entertainment... I figured out that the drive needs to be formatted at FAT32, and that also means that the file size of each movie cannot be more than 4GB in side because of the limitations of the file system.

2. I don't seem to have the flaw in the rear quarter panel that many have found recently (production date of Nov 22nd)

3. The voice control is actually better than many on this forum have made it sound (after training it)

4. The gear selector takes some getting used to... I have already went to grab a stick in mid air many times.

5. I definitely notice the heating element inside of the windscreen, bit I am getting used to it already.

6. I had a full tank of fuel when I picked it up (now half of a tank remains).

7. The weathertech mats do indeed fit perfectly in the front. The mat for the backseat however does not account for any hooks, but seems to sit overtop of them without any issues.

Some questions that I have...
1. Is there a way to have the screen default to Navigation when starting the car?

2. Is there a way to prevent the horn from honking when you double lock? Is there an option to utilize a siren chirp rather than the horn?

Many thanks for everyone enduring my restlessness while waiting for delivery...

Sleepy in Toronto
29-12-2012 01:22am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Boo-Ya!

On mine it is the alarm that sounds on double locking and not the horn. In Europe the horn is not supposed to be connected up to it as that disturbs the neighbours, the warning that you have double loced it is intentionally quiet for that reason, don't know about US/Canadian spec cars though.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
29-12-2012 05:04am
slee18

Same here on the US spec. I don't even use the double lock unless I'm shopping.

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
29-12-2012 05:53am
Stadt Panzer

Boo-Ya!

You can turn the alert sound off and on. It's in the car set-up menu. Mine was on when I picked it up but every time I used it folk here (Germany) would look and stare so I turned it off.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
29-12-2012 09:07am
same2you

(29-12-2012 09:07am)Stadt Panzer Wrote:  You can turn the alert sound off and on. It's in the car set-up menu. Mine was on when I picked it up but every time I used it folk here (Germany) would look and stare so I turned it off.

I see the alarm category in the picture in the setup manual, but I don't see it when I go to my car... Maybe something different in the 2013's, or maybe something that is market specific (which would seem strange to me).
29-12-2012 02:54pm
Stadt Panzer

Boo-Ya!

I'll have a look later and let you know.

29-12-2012 02:58pm
same2you

(29-12-2012 02:58pm)Stadt Panzer Wrote:  I'll have a look later and let you know.

Just ran through my manual and realized that there is no mention of double locking anywhere, or anything about motion sensors. Looks like all that is available (be it because of the Canadian Market, or because of it being a 2013) is the standard door/trunk/hood open alarm.
30-12-2012 03:54am
Stadt Panzer

Boo-Ya!

Strange? Funny thing is I was on the Land Rover site (Canada) the other day as I might end up working there at the end of 2013 and I didn't see anything about an alarm option. But I still think you should be able to turn off the sound.

30-12-2012 09:19am
Stadt Panzer

Boo-Ya!

Checked today for you and it has nothing to do with double locking etc. go into vehicle setup and scroll down, you will see audible locking, removing the tick from the box turns it off.

31-12-2012 04:00pm
same2you

(31-12-2012 04:00pm)Stadt Panzer Wrote:  Checked today for you and it has nothing to do with double locking etc. go into vehicle setup and scroll down, you will see audible locking, removing the tick from the box turns it off.

Unfortunately I don't have the option on mine... if you are using a 2013 as a reference, then it's likely a market restriction Sad
31-12-2012 07:21pm