Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Changing my mind
Evo-king

RE: Changing my mind

There seems to be two issues here.

1. The general build quality of the car and interior plastics and fittings. We were told on the very first test drive during the launch period that LR intentionally used a large amount of recycled plastics on the Evoque, I kind of think that is a good thing, can't say that I'm too concerned with the effect, because when I'm in the cabin I'm too engrossed in the driving experience.

2. The Evoque went from the LRX concept car to a stylish almost concept like production car in a very bold move from JLR, it may be that there are niggles here, surely with every new model, it's the 1st production year cars that will show design flaws and problems. Those of us lucky and eager enough to get one inside the first 12 months might suffer from this, no doubt JLR will be addressing this.

I've paid over £40k for this car and that is not any easy thing to do for many of us, at the moment I'm happy with what it gives me, but in the past I have always waited over a year before buying a new model, as I've said earlier most of the design flaws/niggles are remedied by the manufacturer.

Having seen the Evoque I couldn't wait and had to have one as soon as possible.

To be honest I am more concerned about the fuel consumption, but am doing as well as possible with that at the moment, but something which I am having greater difficulty with is the gearbox/clutch combination, 1st to 2nd is awkward, I still cannot get the right rev and clutch balance correct yet, it is not a smooth experience, all other gear changes are fine.

But it is not putting me off of the ownership experience, and I am well familiar with VW/Audi VAG, BMW, Lexus and Merc cars. I can't really put it into words but this car feels special, makes me feel special when driving it and it's sheer road presence can't be matched by any other car yet, in my humble opinion.

If those of you are not happy with yours then you have a choice to make, grin and bear it or part company, at least if you do sell, prices are holding up, you cannot say that that is the case with many other manufacturers models out there.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
06-06-2012 09:52pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ianpembs

[quote='THEMACS' pid='58307' dateline='1339015049']

Spot On!!

You will love the car I promise you!! Just don't use the glove box Laughing

HaHa cheers, not going to touch the Censored glovebox or the cheap mats looking forward to sussing out terrain control and other bits and bobs.
06-06-2012 09:55pm
cjfp

(06-06-2012 09:55pm)Ianpembs Wrote:  looking forward to sussing out terrain control and other bits and bobs.

ooh, wouldn't do that - the diff is made of cheap recycled yoghurt pots and will break straight away! Laughing

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
06-06-2012 10:06pm
THEMACS

(06-06-2012 10:06pm)cjfp Wrote:  ooh, wouldn't do that - the diff is made of cheap recycled yoghurt pots and will break straight away! Laughing

LaughingLaughing oh good Laughing

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
06-06-2012 10:12pm
J77

(06-06-2012 10:06pm)cjfp Wrote:  ooh, wouldn't do that - the diff is made of cheap recycled yoghurt pots and will break straight away! Laughing

I think you mean "advanced lightweight materials" brochure page 21 Laughing

It will take THEMACS mind of the glovebox Smile

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2012 10:39pm by J77.)
06-06-2012 10:33pm
Ianpembs

LaughingLaughing a bit like the new supertankers they are making out of cardboard
06-06-2012 10:33pm
Cedric

(06-06-2012 10:33pm)Ianpembs Wrote:  LaughingLaughing a bit like the new supertankers they are making out of cardboard

We all lease a regular supertanker, drill a hole in the cardboard one and solve our mpg problem.

I still like my car, haven't used the glovebox since this discussion started, not that I'm scared Smile
07-06-2012 11:03am
Daglass

I'm six or seven weeks into ownership having moved from a 5 series and I have to say I really do like the Evoque a lot.
The drive, equipment and road presence are brilliant.
Don't like the rubber mats but thats just personal preference really.

Pure 5 Door, SD4, Orkney Grey, Pano Roof, Style 6 Alloys, Front Sensors, Rear Camera, Fogs, Tailgate
Ordered - October 15 2011
Built - March 30 2012
Delivery - April 18 2012
Sold - December 24 2014
07-06-2012 11:15am