Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Beaten by the Touareg
3V0QU3

Beaten by the Touareg

(07-04-2012 09:31pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  But the Toureg is in the RRS / Disco4 class, Toureg is HUGE

Tim, I am glad someone speaks sense, I find it very frustrating when people are slagging the Evoque because the engine is too small or the boot is too small. If they need a bigger engine or a bigger boot then buy a bigger bloody car.

It is not the fault of a small car that it is too small, it is meant to be a small car. If you have 10 kids or want to carry 10 sets of golf clubs around then think about that before you buy a car, not afterwards.

Whinge over, going to wash my car now Smile

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige Lux + AD + Black Roof Lining + Heated Steering Wheel
Arrived 27/03/12
Very Happy
08-04-2012 08:12am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ApeelinZ

RE: Beaten by the Touareg

(08-04-2012 08:12am)3V0QU3 Wrote:  Tim, I am glad someone speaks sense, I find it very frustrating when people are slagging the Evoque because the engine is too small or the boot is too small. If they need a bigger engine or a bigger boot then buy a bigger bloody car.

It is not the fault of a small car that it is too small, it is meant to be a small car. If you have 10 kids or want to carry 10 sets of golf clubs around then think about that before you buy a car, not afterwards.

I completely agree. Not only that, but I also think that some of these guys that bought a 3dr coupe (and knew about the slow moving seat) and now cannot get family or friends in back should not complain either. Hopefully JLR is working on a seat fix for those with that problem.

2012 Range Rover Evoque - Dynamic Si4, 5dr Orkney Grey, Ebony Interior, Ebony Headliner, Climate Comfort, Adaptive Dynamics, on standard 19" Style 3 wheels.
08-04-2012 12:13pm
RacingSnake

(08-04-2012 12:13pm)ApeelinZ Wrote:  but I also think that some of these guys that bought a 3dr coupe (and knew about the slow moving seat) and now cannot get family or friends in back should not complain either.
Really???

The Toerag is in a different market, the slow seats has nothing to do with the positioning of the car within its market group.

What a thoroughly odd thing to say Shocked

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
08-04-2012 12:33pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Coolbanana

(08-04-2012 12:13pm)ApeelinZ Wrote:  I completely agree. Not only that, but I also think that some of these guys that bought a 3dr coupe (and knew about the slow moving seat) and now cannot get family or friends in back should not complain either. Hopefully JLR is working on a seat fix for those with that problem.

I think I've not seen a problem with the relatively slow moving seats because it takes my kids so long to organise themselves to get into the car that I'm generally still waiting for them to climb in anyway! Rolling Eyes

Plenty of room in the back of the Coupe, don't need it to be any larger.

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
08-04-2012 01:10pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Not only is the Toureg in a different class, so is Tiguan, if fact is Tiguan still made because I never seem to seem it mentioned in any tests these days? It must be an also-ran if the mags don't include it!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2012 02:00pm by XFullFatTim.)
08-04-2012 01:59pm
masmullin

Hi everyone, Im a Canadian and I think it's all important that you know that all car related documentation coming out of Canada is horseshit. Don't get your knickers in a knot over the Touareg win.
09-04-2012 03:50pm
Straydox

(09-04-2012 03:50pm)masmullin Wrote:  Hi everyone, Im a Canadian and I think it's all important that you know that all car related documentation coming out of Canada is horseshit. Don't get your knickers in a knot over the Touareg win.

I do love the way our Canadian cousins just cut straight to the point Very Happy

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
09-04-2012 03:52pm
The Valeter

I never pay much attention to journalists in car magazines etc as much of what is printed it biased. I drive what I drive because I like it & that is that. If I had took notice of what most had said in the past I would never have bought my Rover's & MG's due to rubbish press but I bought them because I liked them & they have never apart from one given me any hastle at all & the one that did was only a water hose popping off while I was showing someone the engine lol.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
10-04-2012 12:30am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BigFoot

You missed my point. Size is not the issue. I had 8 way seat adjustment on both passenger and driver, and an opening sun roof on my 1994 Ford Explorer. I would expect at LEAST this level of refinement in seating and fenestration in a luxury SUV 18 years later.

If size were your only consideration and the Evoque were the exact size for you then it is obviously the right choice for you. If you want to compare vehicles the same size compare Evoque with a Volvo or Dodge station wagon. That makes no sense. As for me, size is not the only or overriding factor. How well the vehicle is thought out and the overall functional and aesthetic refinement is. Comparing with small luxury off-road capable SUVs like the Touareg (which is smaller than the RR Sport) makes much more sense. Of course, I think we all agree Evoque has it all over anyone in terms of aesthetic refinement. Therein lies my delimma. I think Touareg (which I agree does not emote a "come look at me" image, but is probably a distant second best looking SUV in this class) may do a better job with functional refinement. I am hoping to hear from Evoque owners, who live with the car, why this is not the case.
10-04-2012 10:40am
J77

I am sorry but I disagree with the above post, you can't mark a car down for being smaller inside if you are testing it with something that is bigger, of course it will have more room. On the flip side the Evoque scored better on the off road ability.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2012 10:56am by J77.)
10-04-2012 10:53am