Baby Discovery

Looks very niceVery Happy

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/land-rover/...y-set-grow
10-10-2013 03:09pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Baby Discovery

I realise that Auto-Express are masters of photoshop but there is something wrong with the side elevation - the rear 3/4 looks wrong and the windows are not deep enough, the car looks squashed. The images of the 2014MY Disco4 also have this weird effect. Not for me in that form. It's also shown on RRS 22" wheels.........

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
10-10-2013 06:46pm
heronb

(10-10-2013 03:09pm)jewel-r Wrote:  Looks very niceVery Happy

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/land-rover/...y-set-grow

hhhmmm well, yes, I mean no, very no.
11-10-2013 02:42pm
PhilSkill

Freelanders are a good seller, I see them everywhere, and I wonder if people will consider a Baby Discovery to be too large discounting it before even seeing it's just the Freelander re-badged?

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
11-10-2013 02:50pm
XFullFatTim

Phil that is a very good point - most people's idea of a Discovery is a Transit van sized monster of a thing not a smaller SUV. Like you I see loads of them every day and they (Freelanders that is) are very popular with local services like the District Nurse, GP's, shopkeepers school teachers etc, even the local "gentlemen farmers" have chopped in their Shoguns and Troopers for Freelanders as they are so capable and NOT huge. LR could well be shooting themselves in the corporate feet and will certainly loose Freelander buyers to the Honda CRV which is the next most popular small SUV around here if they make the Freelander sized car in the range sound like it is a monster truck. Discovery Freelander also doesn't sound right. There's nothing wrong with the name which has a good history and for many many years in Freelander1 form was Europe's best selling SUV. I don't see the point of changing the name just for branding sake.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2013 03:22pm by XFullFatTim.)
11-10-2013 03:20pm
jewel-r

I think the new designs are based to much on the Evoque and it will end up being confused with other models in the line up and lose its orignality. When I first saw the pic of the Baby Discovery it was in the actual magazine with no pic of rear. Now I"ve seen the rear I dont like it.
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2013 03:26pm by jewel-r.)
11-10-2013 03:23pm
XFullFatTim

There is a better photo here, one which I suspect is less likely to be a photoshop version of various "ideas" from Auto-Express
http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/news...by-6165084

Looks like LR has raided the corporate headlight parts bin for it too they look very similar to the new RRS and FFRR's head and tailllights

(This post was last modified: 11-10-2013 03:32pm by XFullFatTim.)
11-10-2013 03:30pm
PhilSkill

It was the first reaction of the Freelander and Discovery owning colleague here, "I don't want anything bigger, the Freelander is too big for small car parks for me now"

I think that summed up the exact reaction it could get, Discovery = Large

As you say Tim the Freelander has a good name, I don't get why they don't just write "F R E E L A N D E R" on the front if they want to change the Land Rover logo to the Marque and the model name to the Lettering.

I must say I would not want "E V O Q U E" on the Bonnet/Tail of mine... Much Prefer "R A N G E R O V E R"

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
11-10-2013 04:00pm
tetstb

The Yanks will love it and thats the target market

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
11-10-2013 05:32pm
slee18

(11-10-2013 05:32pm)tetstb Wrote:  The Yanks will love it and thats the target market

Interestingly enough, i dont see too many Freelander in the states. I see more Range Rover variants then i see the Discovery here. I'm not in the "big city" in California so that might have an affect on that as well.

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
14-10-2013 08:31pm