Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Baby Disco 2014 spy shots
Amadeus

Baby Disco 2014 spy shots

Interesting : http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Secret-new-...reelander/

eD4 Pure Fuji Coupe | Tech Pack | Pano Roof | Cirrus Leather | Powerfold Mirrors | Xenons | 19" Style 3s | arr 5Apr13
07-12-2013 04:20pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

RE: Baby Disco 2014 spy shots

*cough* Disco 'sport'.

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-LR-Event-thing Very Happy

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2013 05:26pm by RacingSnake.)
07-12-2013 05:24pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I was supposed to go to a Land Rover customer Clinic on 28th Nov but unfortunately was busy.. It was to evaluate 2 new models yet to be launched and I suspect one may hab=ve been the baby Disco and the other either RS Evoque or the Evoque XL

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
07-12-2013 05:50pm
Amadeus

Indeed, thank goodness for these "clinics" as the RRE disease is spreading .....
I shouldn't say disease as I love Evie's style but why does every car now have to look like one Smile

eD4 Pure Fuji Coupe | Tech Pack | Pano Roof | Cirrus Leather | Powerfold Mirrors | Xenons | 19" Style 3s | arr 5Apr13
07-12-2013 09:01pm
J77

This Evoque look a like theme LR have going on at the moment is getting boring. I think this might be an Evoque XL as LR stated they are trying to create a clear style difference between the two, but who knows time will tell. I've expressed interest with my dealer on the baby disco and looking to put a deposit on one some time next year but I want it to be a bit more rough and tough than that mule looks.

I may end up taking an end of run Discovery if LR insist on a sloped roofline and Evoque inspired design, don't get me wrong the Evoque is a stunning car but that image should be kept in the Range Rover stable and not carried over to the Land Rover models.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
08-12-2013 01:00am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

+1 J77, and we don't want a Defender replacement that looks like or is anywhere near as wide as any form of Discovery either - my "narrow" 1996MY Defender (the same as every Series/ Land Rover/ Defender produced from 1948 through to today ) can go places in forests and tight spaces that would reduce any of it's stable mates to a de-skinned car they are all so wide. After spendding £40k+ on an offroad vehicle you a) want to take it where all the big boys go and b) don't want to see the sides peeled of it
as the oldies like Defenders, Disco1 and Disco2 squeeze through what look like impassable gaps between trees and rocks offroad - the Freelander2's/RRS's/Disco3' and 4's and modern Range Rovers all have to park up and their occupants jump into the old ones where I go offroading on the Scottish Hills and in the forests.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
10-12-2013 05:31pm
J77

For me it should be

Range Rover - stunning looks, premium feel
Discovery - looks good, enough tech to be liveable and practical
Defender - as it is at the moment, a bit more creature comforts to bring it inline with the japs.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
12-12-2013 02:26am