Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
BMW X4
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

BMW X4

There is a write-up about this new BMW in this week's Autocar. Looks like it could be the first like for like competition for Evoque - ie Coupe-a-like hatchback with higher ground clearance. They tested the all singing and dancing 3.5 straight 6 petrol engined version but there is a 2.0ltr TDi coming. There will also be a 3.0lt TDi version. It appears from the article that the 2.0ltr TDi will have Xdrive as an option rather than having 4WD as standard. Performance from the 2.0ltr looks like it will be similar to the now departed from UK price lists TD4 Evoque's

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
28-05-2014 12:54pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Redrob

RE: BMW X4

BMW will shortly be running out of numbers for the X range, but you could probably get one........as an optional extra! Wink

MY13 Dynamic coupe Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY14 Dynamic 5 door Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY15 Dynamic Lux Fuji White Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc.
28-05-2014 06:45pm
RacingSnake

(28-05-2014 06:45pm)Redrob Wrote:  but you could probably get one........as an optional extra! Wink
Ba doom tshhh...
lol

I haven't seen the X4 yet, but I already know I won't like it... I don't know what it is with BMW's - I just don't like them Confused

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
28-05-2014 08:43pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

I'm in Crete at the mo, but I am warming to an X6 M Sport I saw before I went away - part of me wants it still to be there when I get back and part of me doesn't!!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
28-05-2014 09:51pm
xxxx5

I will tell you what it is like, i have one on order. Very Happy

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
29-05-2014 07:01am
PhilSkill

(28-05-2014 08:43pm)RacingSnake Wrote:  Ba doom tshhh...
lol

I haven't seen the X4 yet, but I already know I won't like it... I don't know what it is with BMW's - I just don't like them Confused

I agree, although they are making forward steps... it's starting to look a bit more desirable.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
29-05-2014 01:58pm
XFullFatTim

There have only been three BMW's that I have ever desired - some folks are too young to know them but the old V12 8 series coupe, the original touring car M1 and about 3 or 4 generations ago's 5 Series Touring. All were expensive, all were a handful on a damp road and all cost a mint to insure. I'm afraid that of the modern BMW's there are two that would interest me, the i3 and the i8.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
29-05-2014 09:37pm
Bodlyfunctions

I looked at the X6 and insurance is pretty much the same as my RRE. Like the looks of them but they are a big car. I bought the Evoque to get something smaller. Still gets my eye every time i see one though.
Unlike the Evoque now, there are certainly less of them on the road.
31-05-2014 12:16am
XFullFatTim

If this part of the UK is anything to go by, BMW has lost a huge number of X5 & X6 sales to the new Range Rover and Range Rover Sport. Lots and lots of cherished number plates around here that use to be on X5's and X6's I now see on Range Rovers.
Could it be that BMW's big 4x4's are no longer seen as cutting edge and desirable and newer versions look, in the case of X5, too much like the previous versions?

31-05-2014 08:47am