Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
BBC evening news last night
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

During the item on the re-development of the port of Liverpool there was an interview with Chancellor George Osborne and in the background were several shrink wrapped Evoques in the Seaforth Dock area, waiting to go to Canada or the USA on one of the ACL ro-ro ships I expect.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
29-05-2013 10:40am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cutter7

(29-05-2013 10:40am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  During the item on the re-development of the port of Liverpool there was an interview with Chancellor George Osborne and in the background were several shrink wrapped Evoques in the Seaforth Dock area, waiting to go to Canada or the USA on one of the ACL ro-ro ships I expect.

Pity he wasn't shrink wrapped as well and sent with them!.

29-05-2013 11:17am
Wife's car

RE: BBC evening news last night

(29-05-2013 11:17am)cutter7 Wrote:  Pity he wasn't shrink wrapped as well and sent with them!.

Cutter....why do you feel like that, we are all in this together !!!!!!Laughing
29-05-2013 11:29am
cutter7

I wonder if George Osborne is really qualified to be a chancellor?

In response to a Freedom of Information request about the necessary qualifications for the role, the Cabinet Office explained: "There is no set financial criterion which the appointee must hold."

If we infer from this that a chancellor requires no financial expertise whatsoever then Osborne isn't just qualified he's perfect.LaughingLaughing

29-05-2013 12:09pm
XFullFatTim

He qualifies on two other fronts - he's an Eton old boy and a class mate of Dave. Got to look after your mates just like Blair did, he set the trend for employing mainly expensive fee paying school/ uni chums and work mates after all. He only employed common folks like the rest of us in fairly minor posts
and tried at all costs to avoid having anybody except those he absolutely had to have who might have come into parliament through the Trades Unions - one thing Cameron doesn't have as well, even Maggie had ex union people in her cabinet - Norman Tebbit was one.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 29-05-2013 12:37pm by XFullFatTim.)
29-05-2013 12:33pm
Wife's car

This thread is in danger of becoming a private eye type thread.
The truth is all governments especially British ones are intrinsically corrupt.

They are only interested in lining their own pockets at everyone else's expense.
29-05-2013 02:15pm
ikon66

If you watched channel 5 Eddie stobbart trucks n trailers you'd have seen their transporters full of evouques and other assorted range rovers, they must have the contract to transport
29-05-2013 03:40pm
XFullFatTim

Their boss has a Kahn RRS........

29-05-2013 06:23pm
SINGHY

Mr Stobart has far better taste when it comes to his choice of trucksrather than car, a Kahn RRS really gratuitous!

Pure SD4 5 door in Orkney Grey with Tech Pack, Xenons, Pan Roof, Auto dim mirror, Gloss black Dynamic grill upgrade, Roof, sde vents and waist rail wrapped in gloss black, Front Fogs, Style 4 Alloys and Spare Wheel - Collected on 6 April.
29-05-2013 07:28pm