Freelander 4WD 150bhp
Freelander 4WD 190bhp
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
BAS OBD remap interface LIMITED christmas offer, 25 UNITS ONLY
bell-auto-services

NEW product/stock available for home delivery in the next couple of weeks - we are just finalising the Windows instal software for the end user and then we will release the interface.

This new model interface is totally OBD which means NO opening of the engine ECU and is set up very similar to the original BAS interface seen on my web site (new interface not pictured or listed yet). This means it is totally dealer and warranty friendly as you can revert the car back to the original map with the press of a few buttons.

The interface is also dealer update friendly and if you forget to return the car to its original map first (which I don’t advise) we can still use the tool again if the dealer makes software updates as well as give you the new updated tune to match.

The interface like the original Mk1 BAS remap interface also will require to be set up via a pc or laptop and is then pre-loaded with your cars tuned files, after the set up you can swap between the tuned and original files with no pc needed.

Available for the following modes;

Evoque & Freelander 2 both 2WD and 4WD 150 & 190bhp.

Power figures for ST1 ECO are aimed to be:

Evoque & Freelander 2.2 SD4 MY2011
Standard 190bhp@3600rpm 420Nm@1750rpm
BAS2 Tuned 228bhp@3650rpm 485Nm@1850rpm

Evoque & Freelander 2.2 TD4 MY2011
Standard 150hp@3960rpm 400Nm@1750rpm
OEM-190 Tuned 190hp@3600rpm 420Nm@1860rpm
BAS2 Tuned 228hp@4000rpm 485Nm@1860rpm

Evoque & Freelannder 2.2 eD4 2wd MY2011 (large injector models)
Standard 150bhp@3950rpm 380Nm@1750rpm
OEM-190 Tuned 190hp@3600rpm 420Nm@1860rpm
BAS2 Tuned 228bhp@4000rpm 485Nm@1850rpm

As most of you know we here at BAS strive to offer improved performance and drivability which often results in improved economy (with sencibile driving) whilst ensuring there is no detrimental effect on the drivetrain and whilst many tuners can and have offered more of a power gain in the past, (never before we hasten to add via OBD), in our vast experience this has contributed towards premature engine and drivetrain problems – indeed whilst continually testing with our own developement Evoque 190bhp over the last 12 months we have seen this in the forum of clutch/drivetrain slip when increasing the overall power by to much. This is why we have strictly restricted the power gains offered to the above levels as we believe anything more will over time damage some of the drivetrain components and have an adverse effect on MPG.

Back to the top, This is a LIMITED stock Christmas offer and I ONLY have 25 units at this new introductory offer price of £499 + shipping + VAT where applicable.

This offer is strictly based on payments being made with Visa DEBIT card or UK bank transfer. Credit cards will have a small admin charge to cover the fees charged.

I have added a POLL at the top for people to register if interested, @ Admin, I cant add a group buy if you could help please Smile

Regards Pete

A snap shot of the online server software is here.

[Image: BAS10.JPG]

UPDATES power figures for the ED4 YES YES the figures are correct for the 2WD that is fitted with the larger injectors Smile

Edited to put a valid question in the top post

(07-12-2012 12:25pm)keweller Wrote:  So from the snap shot of your software would I be correct in assuming that if I had an ed4 I would be free to switch from the 190 map and your tuned map?

What I really mean is would you provide both maps with the OBD tool allowing me to chose standard, 190 or 228 or would I have to chose between 190 or 228 at point of ordering?

Correct, yes.

The interface can hold 2 maps as standard and will also if needed give the function to clear (not read at the moment) any fault codes present.

Of the 2 maps that are held their would be always a standard and any of the tuned options you wish as the second. you could load it in the 150bhp cars case with the OEM-190 or the BAS tuned files. You are free to change what tuned map you have on the interface when ever you like with the PC application.

EDIT 2

Tuning your car with the BAS remap interface:

1. The first thing you need to do is connect the interface to your vehicle to obtain some important vehicle information and start the tool setup process. The BAS-iSoftloader will guide you through this process once connected to your car.

2. Once the first process is completed you need to connect the USB from the tool to your PC (car connection no longer needed at this point) and run the PC software application, ( PC Software download link sent in email or PM) Follow the onscreen instructions.

3. Within 24 hours (generally only a couple) you will receive an email from BAS which tells you that your tuning files are ready for download. Delivery times may vary slightly as all my files are manually uploaded on to a server ready for your download via the PC application.
4. Connect the BAS Interface back to the PC USB port and start the BAS-iSoftloader PC Sync application again to download the tuning files to your BAS-iSoftloader. (Picture above)

ALL passwords for the PC software will be set the same as different ones are really not needed due to the way the tool locks and is pre registered by me to your name and cars chassis number , the password for the software is qwertyuiop

Now that your iSoftloader is ready for programming the car, simply connect it to the OBD2 port of your car and follow the on-screen instructions to tune your car!

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
(This post was last modified: 14-01-2013 10:42pm by bell-auto-services.)
23-11-2012 10:23pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bell-auto-services

RE: BAS OBD remap interface LIMITED christmas offer, 25 UNITS ONLY

If anyone fancys a read, here is the level of developement I tend to go to get my understanding and knowlage.

http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic5632.html

This is of the Defender a long time ago in 2007 but you will get an idea of what goes into what I do.

Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
24-11-2012 07:51am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EpicEvo

How comes both the 190bhp and the 150bhp end up with 218bhp... Surely those who paid extra to get 190 have just waisted there money if they could have it mapped to the same as when you can get out of the TD4 150
24-11-2012 11:56am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bell-auto-services

the same question was asked on the freelande forum, here wasmy reply.

Its the exact same engine and hardware as the 190bhp version car! only some 2wd version differes with some low power injectors fitted in comparion to the 4wd and then only they are flowed slightly different and hence timed fractionally differently to the 190bhp (see picture below) injectors which leave only the internals of the engine and box the same as the 190.

In a nut shell the 150bhp 4wd car is a detuned 190bhp car for probabally economy tax and customer choice reasons.

http://www.freel2.com/gallery/displayimage...&pos=0

Re DMF/Clutch

Same clutch with part number LR029125
Same flywheel with part number LR022073
Same torque converter with part number LR023564
Same flex plate with part number LR005813
And now only 1 injector is listed for the DW12 LR022335

Pete

(24-11-2012 11:56am)EpicEvo Wrote:  Surely those who paid extra to get 190 have just waisted there money if they could have it mapped to the same as when you can get out of the TD4 150

To answer seperatly,, yes they have with the execption that the road tax and insurance is also cheaper.

Pete

(This post was last modified: 24-11-2012 01:05pm by bell-auto-services.)
24-11-2012 01:01pm
PhilSkill

(24-11-2012 11:56am)EpicEvo Wrote:  How comes both the 190bhp and the 150bhp end up with 218bhp... Surely those who paid extra to get 190 have just waisted there money if they could have it mapped to the same as when you can get out of the TD4 150

As BAS mentioned the limit of the top power is on the reliability of the drive-train, so my guess is the SD4 could go much higher but taking it higher will likely risk premature wear.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
24-11-2012 01:05pm
Filski

Are there any drivetrain differences though - cheaper bearings or other elements though?
24-11-2012 01:18pm
bell-auto-services

Not acording to the parts catalouge no, I have been calcualting everthing needed for the whole year while I have owned my Evoque.

Pete

24-11-2012 01:57pm
cjfp

Hence why TD4 no longer available !

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
24-11-2012 02:06pm
ED209

Am i reading this right?

218hp from the td4?? for 500 notes?

I bet the thing flies!! Do you have any 0-60 or other performance figures? Do you have a dyno plot comparing the standard and modified cars?

I would be asking for this for christmas if i wasnt in the middle of sorting a house move which is eating up all my cash at the minute.

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
(This post was last modified: 24-11-2012 05:48pm by ED209.)
24-11-2012 05:46pm
bell-auto-services

Hehe, it still amases me how many people dont realise that the 150bhp 4WD car is just in essence a detuned 190bhp car!

Re tuning newa, this tuning news is really nothing that new, However the OBD diagnostic port application of it is new and totally cutting edge.

Here is original thread back from January this year. http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-BAS-Tuned...in-LRO-mag

Articals here LARGE DOWNLOAD

Part 1, Front cover only
http://www.bellautoservices.co.uk/public...voque1.pdf
Part 2, Artical first page
http://www.bellautoservices.co.uk/public...voque2.pdf
Part 3, Artical second page
http://www.bellautoservices.co.uk/public...voque3.pdf

Sacn downoad here.

http://babyrr.com/forum/attachment.php?aid=1310

More pictures and dyno sheets soon.

Pete

(This post was last modified: 24-11-2012 07:05pm by bell-auto-services.)
24-11-2012 07:04pm