Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
At Last!! Taking delivery tomorrow!!
Urban Splash

RE: At Last!! Taking delivery tomorrow!!

I think the point is:

LR policy is unclear and needs clarified

Dealers do not necessarily follow policy (as evidenced by loan cars)

LR and Dealers are arguing over less than £100. Which in my mind is rather sad. Seems they would rather maximise profit at the expense of upsetting some customers.

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
30-11-2011 02:02pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ED209

Look on the bright side chaps.

I remember picking up my brand new citroen saxo in 1997 for a garage about 20 miles from home. Not thinking i would need them I didnt take and cash or cards with me. With about 2 miles of leaving the dealers the cars low fuel light came on! a nervous journey home!

Still i remember i haggled 2 grand off the £9110 screen price of the car and got 2 years free insurance out of citrroen which at 19 years old was worth over 1k to me. They werent that stingy, but not filling a tank when some people are paying 45k for a car with no discount is a little tight.
30-11-2011 02:48pm
Billionaireboysclub

As you are all aware, and as I was told by my dealer.....they dont have to do much to sell these.....they are selling themselves...

Since there is such a high demand...they dont need to offer anything!

As many of you have rightly said...it would be good customer service....by the dealer and by land rover....but I guess their attitude is....you get the car....and thats it.....either take it or leave it...as if you leave it...there are more out there who want it Sad

Range Rover Evoque - A sellers market!

Ranger Rover Evoque Dynamic 5 Door SD4 - Santorini Black/Vortex + Lux Pack
Ordered & Deposit at dealer : 26th Sep 11
Build Date : 17 Feb
Delivery: 6 Mar woohooo!
30-11-2011 03:22pm
oop north

(30-11-2011 02:02pm)Urban Splash Wrote:  LR and Dealers are arguing over less than £100. Which in my mind is rather sad. Seems they would rather maximise profit at the expense of upsetting some customers.

And all the aggrieved people on here are arguing over less than £100, too! Yes, there is a bit of a screw up but, really, so what?

(cannot decide what sort of smiley would be appropriate a that at point so I won't bother!)
30-11-2011 03:40pm
Kwacka

At Last!! Taking delivery tomorrow!!

It's actually worse than that, everyone is getting at least half a tank so you are all complaining about less than £50.
Just think you will get to the petrol station a bit sooner and the guy behind the till will tell you what a stunning looking vehicle you have got and you'll soon forget all about it Smile
Oh and I didn't get a full tank with mine if you're wondering Wink
30-11-2011 05:45pm
Evoqess

(30-11-2011 03:22pm)Billionaireboysclub Wrote:  As you are all aware, and as I was told by my dealer.....they dont have to do much to sell these.....they are selling themselves...

Since there is such a high demand...they dont need to offer anything!

I had the very same statements made to me from a dealership when shopping for a Golf GTI. I found the mere mention of such quite disrespectful to me as an individual. So I drove 30 minutes to another dealership which clearly wanted my business - and did get a discount! Needless to say a customer's memory is long and I bought another vehicle from them and never even used the first dealership for service needs.
A full gas tank/ small discounts etc may not mean much monetarily but to me it's a positive token that can promote future business.

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
30-11-2011 06:02pm
paulus599

Exactly!

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
30-11-2011 06:05pm
gw76

Got mine today after long delays.
1/4 tank of petrol, something wrong with the xenon full beam headlights (heavy mechanical clunking noice on switching on) and most annoyingly (for insurance etc) it was a completely different registration than had been previously notified....
Not good so far...
(This post was last modified: 30-11-2011 07:49pm by gw76.)
30-11-2011 07:48pm
bogstomper

(29-11-2011 02:08am)tom Wrote:  Hi bogstomper where abouts and which dealer did you buy from?
Thanks

Stratstone Edinburgh - today was to be their last day.
30-11-2011 11:10pm
imers1234

I received my car a month ago and only received a 1/4 tank also. I found it ridiculous they did not provide a full tank. I have bought several German marques (many of them launch cars and in high demand) and always received a full tank of fuel. If Land Rover are trying to sell a premium product they should treat their customers properly. Its not like they havent made millions with our deposits lying in their bank accounts for nearly a year for some customers. So far I have found Land rover customer service seriously lacking on many accounts.
01-12-2011 12:05am