Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are you sure you are insured?
cjh

Are you sure you are insured?

I[/b][/color] enquired today with my insurer DIRECT LINE INSURANCE as to whether the new car replacement if my car was written off or stolen would be as per my order (including £4k of factory fitted options) or just the Make & Model i.e. without the options. Despite me stating the value of the car when I took out the policy & informing them that it included factory fitted options, I was told that no options are included unless they are stated on the policy, furthermore when I told them the options list they charged me an additional premium and administration fee! So check your policy, make sure all your options are listed, else you might find out your Evoque is not correctly insured. One wonders whether they would have not paid up if I was involved in an accident....

One angry DIRECT LINE INSURANCE customer!

Ordered Oct 2012: Dynamic SD4, Firenze Red, Indus Pano, Gloss black strata, Ebony headlining
Aeroflip, Verve interior, Keyless entry, Powered Tailgate, Surround cameras, High beam assist, Heated steering wheel
(This post was last modified: 17-01-2013 09:59pm by cjh.)
17-01-2013 09:56pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

RE: Are you sure you are insured?

that is outrageous - might be worth double checking with a supervisor/manager at direct line. Might also be cheaper to cancel the policy and take out another one elsewhere!
17-01-2013 10:30pm
PhilSkill

Don't use Direct line, they are awful, I have used them in the past but never again , Many other companies will cover options at no charge.

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Insurance...=insurance

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
17-01-2013 10:31pm
Evo-king

Colin.

This is not a new occurrence.

Back in September my insurers kindly, provided me with some new leaflets at the time of my renewal, for once I read them and to my surprise similar exclusions were quoted.

The most significant being the Pano Roof.

Many of us have had our say on this, back last year.

ANNOYING.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
17-01-2013 10:33pm
WB
WB

(17-01-2013 10:33pm)Evo-king Wrote:  Colin.

This is not a new occurrence.

Back in September my insurers kindly, provided me with some new leaflets at the time of my renewal, for once I read them and to my surprise similar exclusions were quoted.

The most significant being the Pano Roof.

Many of us have had our say on this, back last year.

ANNOYING.

Who are you insured with? I chose Privelege as they are clear that they do cover the pano roof as a glass repair.
17-01-2013 10:35pm
Evo-king

(17-01-2013 10:35pm)WB Wrote:  Who are you insured with? I chose Privelege as they are clear that they do cover the pano roof as a glass repair.

It was Tesco, but now I'm with the British Bulldog. Oh yes.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
17-01-2013 10:41pm
Trapdoor

When I bought my X3, it came with a FACTORY fit Aero body kit, but Direct Line (who I was insured with for my 3 Seried) wanted to know about this. In fact, I had to get all of the option codes that were fitted to my car and provide these so they could load my premium. They even insisted on a tracker to be fitted, and would not insure me without it. Needless to say, I bailed out of Direct Line as soon as the renewal was due.

Aviva on the other hand (whom I have no real love for) beat their premium hands down, and couldn't care less about the fitted options or having a tracker.

I wonder if anyone has taken out the Land Rover insurance, which I'm contemplating when I collect my Evoque, hopefully end of March, as they were very competitive for me.

Had: 2013 Prestige Auto Lux
Have: MY17 Autobiography in Waitomo Grey with Ivory/Espresso interior, HUD, Adaptive Cruise, Adaptive Dynamics, Dynamic Driveline, Wading, Massage Seats. Delivered 17/09/16
17-01-2013 10:43pm
The Valeter

I am with Landrover Insurance. They wern't the cheapest quote I had but they insist on genuine parts used in the event of damage, include options such as panoramic roof.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
17-01-2013 10:44pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bodlyfunctions

I am also with LR. Was very competitive and you are insured to the value of the purchase of the car including options and in the case of a total loss they replace as per your invoice. They also use LR dealerships and body shops.
Great service over the phone too. When I told them I had upgraded my 18's for 20's and painted some body parts they made a note but no additional premium or fee
18-01-2013 08:50am
paisan

I am also with LR Insurance as they were most competitive when I collected car in March 2012. Aviva were hopeless and wanted to ramp up the premium and excess because it was a new model.
Aviva Customer service are abysmal. I stayed with them for a few years when insuring a Freelander but renewal time or any discussion with them was tortuous and I hate their voice controlled/word recognition switch board with a passion.
One thing to remember with LR Insurance is you cannot switch a car temporarily onto the policy i.e yours in for a service and you need a days cover on garage loan car . That may be a problem for some people. A car can only be switched onto the policy if the insured vehicle is being claimed for and then you have a temp loan vehicle to use.
18-01-2013 10:12am