Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Appears to be holding Revs too high before changing up
Gjh0702

Appears to be holding Revs too high before changing up

I have MY 2104 SD4 Prestige
when just driving leisurely my car is holding the revs and not changing up to next gear till 2200 + RPM- I find myself constantly changing gear (up) via paddle shifts
Is this 'normal' ?

Prestige 5 door ,my 2014,Loire Blue, Silver Roof, Panoramic roof, privacy glass, 20in Alloy style 7
12-10-2014 03:11pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JavierBayArea

RE: Appears to be holding Revs too high before changing up

2200 is not high rpm.
16-10-2014 06:51pm
Tony

Mine will run up to 3k rpm pulling away on a light throttle - that is too high. It did not do this for the first 700 mile, all was perfect. After the breakdown and spending a week in the dealers being 'fixed' the gear box has all manner of bad habits:- high revs pulling away, holding on to a high gear when climbing an incline in cruise control and causing driveline judder, not changing up again after kick-down. Dealer says its normal, use the paddle shift to change down if the engine is labouring - so whats the f-point of buying an auto? This is the worst auto I have owned.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
(This post was last modified: 17-10-2014 09:38am by Tony.)
16-10-2014 07:03pm
Claas man

I'm having the same problem with mine. Only now started at 2500 miles in. Very hesitant out of roundabouts, can't decide which gear it needs and won't come out of manual mode unless you go from D to N and back. But I have noticed if you just tap the padal once it will go back to drive mode. Any more than that and it wont
19-10-2014 12:10pm
Tony

(19-10-2014 12:10pm)Claas man Wrote:  I'm having the same problem with mine. Only now started at 2500 miles in. Very hesitant out of roundabouts, can't decide which gear it needs and won't come out of manual mode unless you go from D to N and back. But I have noticed if you just tap the padal once it will go back to drive mode. Any more than that and it wont

Yes you can use the paddles and if you hold the up paddle (right hand) for a few seconds it should revert to full auto again in D mode. However I did not buy an auto to have to fool around changing gear myself because the gearbox can't make up its mind.

Land Rover, WHAT are you doing about it?

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
19-10-2014 01:05pm