Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Anyone "upgraded" bulbs on a Pure (Halogens)
BFGEvoqueMan

RE: Anyone "upgraded" bulbs on a Pure (Halogens)

£6 to change a bulb; that'll be Halfrauds!

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
08-02-2012 08:30pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barneyridge

I am a little bit naive when it come to this stuff. I want to change the lights as I am used to HID and the halogens are just a bit too yellow is colour.

I saw these on ebay, will these work ?

12V H3 100W XENON WHITE HALOGEN HEADLIGHT GLOBES/ BULBS

Also the link below is a video of removing the headlight

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2012 10:56pm by Barneyridge.)
08-02-2012 10:53pm
Malferg

(08-02-2012 10:53pm)Barneyridge Wrote:  I am a little bit naive when it come to this stuff. I want to change the lights as I am used to HID and the halogens are just a bit too yellow is colour.

I saw these on ebay, will these work ?

12V H3 100W XENON WHITE HALOGEN HEADLIGHT GLOBES/ BULBS

Also the link below is a video of removing the headlight

You don't have to remove the headlamp to change the bulb just unscew the plastic cover inside the hood and it's acessable

(08-02-2012 08:05pm)musher Wrote:  Can I ask how much Halfords charged you for this as it sounds like a fairly cheap upgrade and without the hassle of having to do it your self

Musher,

It was not much more than £30 fitted by them. I watched him do it so will be doing it myself next time
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2012 12:02am by Malferg.)
09-02-2012 12:00am
nctran19

My 6K HID kit just came in, going to replace the Halogen bulbs, will post up some pics sometime in the up coming week.
11-02-2012 06:07am
Westy

(11-02-2012 06:07am)nctran19 Wrote:  My 6K HID kit just came in, going to replace the Halogen bulbs, will post up some pics sometime in the up coming week.

Having just come from a Mazda 5 that had xenons as standard have really struggled with my normal headlights on the evoque, they are not bad but the light from the HID kits is so much cleaner. Interesting I note that both the xenon factory option uses a projector style headlamp and so does my non xenon evoque.

Will be really interested to see how you get on. Should make a real difference, just make sure they are error free bulbs otherwise i think you might get the error codes.

One of the happy owners, ordered June 2011, delivered Wednesday 8th February 2012, now 97000 miles. Scorpions lasted 78'000 miles.

Pure TD4 5 door, fuji white, ebony interior, Pan roof, Front fogs, spare wheel, privacy glass, towbar and black roofrails.

Cars got to go back to company March 25th 2015 Sad
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2012 01:03am by Westy.)
12-02-2012 12:44am
BFGEvoqueMan

Hopefully this will give you some idea that my upgraded bulbs look about 90% of the LED DRL's. I have also included a photo with the fog lights on (again to aid comparison).Thumbs Up

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
(This post was last modified: 14-02-2012 08:53am by BFGEvoqueMan.)
14-02-2012 08:50am
Gerbol

(14-02-2012 08:50am)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  Hopefully this will give you some idea that my upgraded bulbs look about 90% of the LED DRL's. I have also included a photo with the fog lights on (again to aid comparison).Thumbs Up

Hi there, I am looking at upgrading the halogen HB3 bulbs. Can anyone who has already upgraded confirm if both the low and high beam work off the same HB3 bulb?, In otherwords, do you only need to replace two HB3 bulbs in total and not four if they work of separate bulbs?

Arrived 01/03/12
Pure, TD4 5 Door, Santorini Black, Panoramic roof, 19" wheels, Front Fogs, Auto headlights/wipers, Auto dim mirror, electric memory seats with P/fold mirrors
Smile
17-02-2012 08:34pm
Ray Parlour

Despite owning my xenon-less Evoque for 4 weeks, tonight was the first time that I've seen the headlights (and foglights) from the outside. DRLs and fog lights = white, headlights = yellow. It looks rubbish!

I've taken a punt on some replacement bulbs with a colour temp of 4500K so they should be a better match. Only cost £11 too. I'll post the results when they arrive...

5dr Pure SD4 Auto, Tech Pack, Front Fog lights, Indus + Ebony
18-02-2012 01:08am
vinny

This happened with my last car (bmw 123 coupe)the forums were full of people wanting to retro fit xenons,bluetooth,sat nav etc....why don't they tick the option box at the time of ordering instead of spending the next couple of years trying to achieve the car they really wanted?
The extra initial outlay if often recouped at time of resale as potential buyers who know what they want will be put off buying your car without the desired factory fitted options.
Rant over.

My order- fuji white sd4 manual coupe,tech pack,xenons,style 6 20's,pano roof,privacy,front fogs,rear camera,folding mirrors,ebony int/ivory headliner,dec delivery.(still waiting!) Collected 14/01/2012
NOW SOLD as of 26/07/14 Very Happy
Now driving Audi SQ5, everything the Evoque should of been.
18-02-2012 09:58am
Ray Parlour

(18-02-2012 09:58am)vinny Wrote:  This happened with my last car (bmw 123 coupe)the forums were full of people wanting to retro fit xenons,bluetooth,sat nav etc....why don't they tick the option box at the time of ordering instead of spending the next couple of years trying to achieve the car they really wanted?
The extra initial outlay if often recouped at time of resale as potential buyers who know what they want will be put off buying your car without the desired factory fitted options.
Rant over.
Well, Vincent, when I ordered the car Xenons were not available and by the time they became available again, the car was committed to build. I could, of course, cancelled my order or paid an extra £7k for the Prestige or Dynamic models but decided against it.

5dr Pure SD4 Auto, Tech Pack, Front Fog lights, Indus + Ebony
18-02-2012 05:26pm