Poll: Cancel order?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone tempted to cancel their order?
vinda

RE: Anyone tempted to cancel their order?

Everyone is so optimistic about this negative info.
15-07-2011 11:53am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LP

(15-07-2011 11:53am)vinda Wrote:  Everyone is so optimistic about this negative info.

What negative info? The reviews I have read have been largely positive.
15-07-2011 11:56am
Pricy147

What is the actual quoted MPG for the SD$ Diesel Manual 4WD now? Im sure it was 50MPG combined- but seen 44MPG listed somewhere else, and then this article saying 30!!!

WTF is going on? I usually knock 15% off a manufacturer estimate - so 50 - would be somewhere around 42/43. If its 44 to start - then thats mid 30s! not good at all, and probably a show stopper for me.
15-07-2011 01:50pm
vinda

(15-07-2011 11:56am)LP Wrote:  
(15-07-2011 11:53am)vinda Wrote:  Everyone is so optimistic about this negative info.

What negative info? The reviews I have read have been largely positive.

The mpg. The it looks better than it's substance. Pricey. If you have kids better to get a volvo, small rear windscreen etc
Quoted from the telegraph review

While the petrol engine is the smoothest, lightest and most powerful unit, it is also thirsty, with a Combined consumption of 32.5mpg and 199g/km of CO2 emissions – we managed 25mpg on a fast, cross-country run. The six-speed Aisin Warner automatic transmission with steering wheel paddle shift suits the engine but occasionally gets lost for a ratio, especially on part throttle.
(This post was last modified: 15-07-2011 01:56pm by vinda.)
15-07-2011 01:52pm
SW6RR

The journos are in cloud cuckoo land re their negative comments on price / substance.

They say the car drives better, looks better and IS better than german equivalents - german equivalents which cost the same (ball park) figures.

You can't have it both ways. At worst, they're saying premium cars in general are too expensive. No sh!t.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

The only real issue I think is the MPG...
15-07-2011 01:58pm
vinda

You're correct about that premium car premium price tag. I just hope it is premium when we get it. So far I've had no premium service and from a lot of forums it seems like that will continue when problems occur on this premium product. At least if I get an Audi and BMW they will bend over backwards for you
15-07-2011 02:02pm
Blackseries

(15-07-2011 02:02pm)vinda Wrote:  You're correct about that premium car premium price tag. I just hope it is premium when we get it.

I’d already come to my own conclusion that we earlier adopters were probably paying a 10 -15% uplift for the privilege of having 1st year cars and therefore the fact that the road tests confirmed that didn’t really come as a shock to me. I had been saying all a long that I didn’t think the Prestige and Dynamic were great value for money but really is there anything else out there that isn’t a Russian Doll product – or isn't just plain ugly – why do car designs need to be challenging? .... what’s wrong with beautiful? Yes you can get a nice Q3 for £35K but you can also get a nice Evoque for that too . Just look at the 90 second verdict for the Audi Q3 and then look at the Evoque one ........ there really is no contest and I know which one I would rather have on my driveway.

It's just the real world economy that I would like to get a handle on.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
15-07-2011 02:12pm
LP

I don't think any of it is a surprise. It has shortcomings but I don't think any of them are new.

Yes it has a small rear windscreen...but its been like that since the LRX concept. I think compared to the competition it isn't overpriced.

Fuel consumption isn't a huge deal for me as I probably only do about 10,000 miles a year. And all of the journalists will have been driving the cars fairly hard I'd assume...so fuel consumption in real day-to-day conditions should be closer to the claimed figures.

As for customer service so far I'd rate my experience as average. I've had terrible service from BMW in the past. You only ever hear the bad stuff. I don't think I've ever read a forum post to say they haven't had problems.
(This post was last modified: 15-07-2011 06:11pm by LP.)
15-07-2011 02:19pm
Fox

(15-07-2011 01:50pm)Pricy147 Wrote:  What is the actual quoted MPG for the SD$ Diesel Manual 4WD now? Im sure it was 50MPG combined- but seen 44MPG listed somewhere else, and then this article saying 30!!!

WTF is going on? I usually knock 15% off a manufacturer estimate - so 50 - would be somewhere around 42/43. If its 44 to start - then thats mid 30s! not good at all, and probably a show stopper for me.

Please read my post 2 above yours about this 30mpg fuel economy.
It's nonsense because this 30 something includes engine performance tests and racing about.

As for customer service... I defected from Land Rover to another brand and they are blooming marvelous by comparison. I really can't believe just how helpful and friendly they are. But most of you buying an Evoque would not consider them because they are not fashionable. Wink
Compare to when my FFRR went in for a tyre pressure monitoring fault. I got it back with a nice black grease smear on the white leather passenger seat and cubby box. For the price, the dealer attitude (in my experience) is pretty naff.

If you are wondering why I am here... it's because I actually like the Evoque and was thinking of buying before I saw the width.
And as a Land Rover fan I want to see how this car pans out. Smile

Current: '97 Camel Trophy Defender, Skoda Yeti, Skoda VRS, Morris Minor.
Previous: 08 RR Vogue SE, 06 Vogue, 07 Defender, 05 Defender and so on.....
(This post was last modified: 15-07-2011 02:42pm by Fox.)
15-07-2011 02:33pm
paulus599

(15-07-2011 02:33pm)Fox Wrote:  As for customer service... I defected from Land Rover to another brand and they are blooming marvelous by comparison. I really can't believe just how helpful and friendly they are. But most of you buying an Evoque would not consider them because they are not fashionable. Wink

So are you saying that Evoque buyers are all style over substance? Cool

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
15-07-2011 02:53pm