Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone tempted by the new RRS?
mark_n

Confession time, I've been playing on the configurator and like what I see, especially the 5 litre Supercharged. I prefer the looks to the new FFRR which must necessarily be quite conservative in its styling progression.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 05:34am by mark_n.)
04-04-2013 05:33am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
benzina

RE: Anyone tempted by the new RRS?

I think if one doesn't mind the size difference when using it for the same purposes as the Evoque, then it would be very very tempting, as the quality is higher. On looks, i think the Evoque's dramatic wedge,with integrated and purposeful design details (which the RRS is influenced by), still wins. I'll be keeping the Evoque.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 11:53am by benzina.)
04-04-2013 06:09am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Yes am tempted, but the price of an HSE Dynamic with the options that I have on the Evoque is rather expensive
And I don't get the great SDv8 in the price. Interesting article in Autocar this week about just how many RRS's go for export - 87% of production! It's been a hugely successful car for Land Rover, Evoque also sells 85% of production abroad.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 07:08am by XFullFatTim.)
04-04-2013 07:03am
Fitcherama

I love it. Have my slot booked in mid 2014 for the 4.4 SDV8 unless anything else comes up to challenge it. I am new to Land Rover and my Evoque has given me the bug. I must confess the higher spec RRS and added size/luxury is very appealing. LR have really got their act together on design and while some may argue the brand is going too 'bling' - if you drive an Evoque I don't see how you can fall out with the RRS on aesthetics (pricing is another matter altogether!). I think they have got it right again. For now my SD4 Dynamic is keeping me happy in spite of seeing so many Evoques on the road wherever I go now!

quote='mark_n' pid='84500' dateline='1365050025']
Confession time, I've been playing on the configurator and like what I see, especially the 5 litre Supercharged. I prefer the looks to the new FFRR which must necessarily be quite conservative in its styling progression.
[/quote]

Barolo Black Dynamic Lux SD4
04-04-2013 08:49am
CSJ

From what I have seen in the pics and configurator I think it looks good. For me tho it is just to big. I think the price is competitive for what it is up against but it is still an expensive car. It should sell well, just not for me at this time

On order: Volvo XC60 T5 Inscription Pro

Current: Porsche Macan, Pebble Interior, Volcano Grey, Bose, other extras which cost lots and should be standard

Gone:
BMW X6 m diesel with BMW exclusive interior
Evoque Dynamic Orkney, Accolade Dynamic Plus Sports Interior (Ivory)
Evoque. Coupe, Dynamic, Fuji, Pursuit (x2)
Scirocco 2.0 GT DSG, Black, Black Lthr, 19" Luganos
TT Mk 2, Grey, Audi Exclusive Int
SLK Mk 2, Blk, Beige Lthr
TT Mk 1, Blue, Silver Lthr
TT Mk 1, Silver, Grey Lthr
04-04-2013 08:54am
griff

Just depressed myself on specing an HSE - over £71,000. Can't justify that.
I'm pretty happy with my Evoque and can see myself ordering another in two years time when the new model has bedded in.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
04-04-2013 12:28pm
KaDargo

(04-04-2013 12:28pm)griff Wrote:  Just depressed myself on specing an HSE - over £71,000. Can't justify that.
I'm pretty happy with my Evoque and can see myself ordering another in two years time when the new model has bedded in.

Have never really looked at RR before the Evoque, but having owned one I see them in a different light - however a RRS would need to be 2nd hand, as it is WAY more than I would spend (the Evoque was enough!)

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
04-04-2013 12:32pm
griff

(04-04-2013 12:32pm)KaDargo Wrote:  Have never really looked at RR before the Evoque, but having owned one I see them in a different light - however a RRS would need to be 2nd hand, as it is WAY more than I would spend (the Evoque was enough!)

Totally agree. I'm still a BMW fan and may buy the new 4 wheel drive 3 series touring if they up the engine.
04-04-2013 12:35pm
J77

I like it, but if I was spending that much on a Range Rover it would have to be the real deal.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 02:06pm by J77.)
04-04-2013 02:06pm
scrannel

Wife is looking. But her current (and BTW faultless) RRS has very low miles. I'm essentially retiring my Big Range. It's a great car but a PIA in the city. Evoque is perfect. (Now if we can just survive those pesky N. Korean missiles...)

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 04:07pm by scrannel.)
04-04-2013 04:06pm