Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
Anyone painted a Prestige to turn into a Dynamic?
pureevoque

RE: Anyone painted a Prestige to turn into a Dynamic?

I think the prices for a lot of the dynamic parts Dan quoted on post 1 are more expensive now, LR latched on to the fact that pure \ prestige owners wanted the dynamic look!

ed4 Pure 5 Dr, Fuji, Xenons, Front Fogs, Power mirrors & tailgate, 20" Style 6. Ordered 290611 Delivered 090312
18-04-2012 01:08pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Irad

(18-04-2012 10:20am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Parts prices for carrying out the Prestige to Dynamic mod are here http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Dynamic-Parts-Prices
Dan at Duckworths is a member of the forum so you can order from him and he will also let you know the cost of freighting the parts to France

Thank you! I will get in touch with! Smile

Ordered: 5-door Prestige Orkney grey - 20' style 6 alloys - Element interior - Black panoramic roof - Expected delivery: June 30, 2012
18-04-2012 01:16pm
Blackseries

Here is a sort of half way house (in price too) I had all the grey plastic bits colour coded and "bull bars" chromed.

It was just over £1,500 (+ vat) all in.

This conversion also has the advantage of maintaining the Pure / Prestige higher ground clearance.

I think it works well on a black car.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
18-04-2012 05:03pm
Irad

(18-04-2012 05:03pm)Blackseries Wrote:  Here is a sort of half way house (in price too) I had all the grey plastic bits colour coded and "bull bars" chromed.

It was just over £1,500 (+ vat) all in.

This conversion also has the advantage of maintaining the Pure / Prestige higher ground clearance.

I think it works well on a black car.

Indeed, that is much cheaper and it maintains the "high on heels" effect, which is pretty goods for a 4x4.
It's a good compromise that brings a sport attitude to the Pure/Prestige!

Congrats!!! Smile

Ordered: 5-door Prestige Orkney grey - 20' style 6 alloys - Element interior - Black panoramic roof - Expected delivery: June 30, 2012
18-04-2012 05:55pm
LDT

You have the best of both worlds Blackseries. Looks great.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
18-04-2012 06:30pm
doug

Looks like they have done a grand job, the silver stands out so well on a black Evoque.
The price you paid for the colour changed parts, was it to spray the front & rear bull bars gloss silver + the front & rear belly guards in gloss black. Have I missed anything out please.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
18-04-2012 09:56pm
Blackseries

(18-04-2012 09:56pm)doug Wrote:  The price you paid for the colour changed parts, was it to spray the front & rear bull bars gloss silver + the front & rear belly guards in gloss black.

Everything that was grey plastic has been painted Metallic Black. So that includes the wheel arches surrounds, the lower door trim, the sills and all the lower parts of the bumpers.

BTW .... the Bull Bars were painted with Aluminium effect to match the Fender Blades (a 6 or 7 stage process ...... so I was told!)

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
19-04-2012 03:35pm
Irad

(19-04-2012 03:35pm)Blackseries Wrote:  Everything that was grey plastic has been painted Metallic Black. So that includes the wheel arches surrounds, the lower door trim, the sills and all the lower parts of the bumpers.

BTW .... the Bull Bars were painted with Aluminium effect to match the Fender Blades (a 6 or 7 stage process ...... so I was told!)

Very nicely done! And as the car color is black, you didn't need to paint this little part in plastic around the wheels.
I have seen a Fuji white Prestige fully painted in white to have the same effect as yours, but the part around the wheels have been painted in white too. And that makes a little too much, especially when you know that even the Dynamic has this black plastic part around the wheels.

19-04-2012 04:51pm
Blackseries

(19-04-2012 04:51pm)Irad Wrote:  And that makes a little too much, especially when you know that even the Dynamic has this black plastic part around the wheels.

TBH I was originally going to leave the wheel arches unpainted .... but my paint guy begged me to get them done .... so in the end I did. On a Black car 99% of people won’t notice ... but I think because every other bit of plastic is covered I think he was right....... I'm certainly glad now that I had it done.

To me the back bumper alone makes the project worthwhile.

19-04-2012 05:09pm
Irad

(19-04-2012 05:09pm)Blackseries Wrote:  TBH I was originally going to leave the wheel arches unpainted .... but my paint guy begged me to get them done .... so in the end I did. On a Black car 99% of people won’t notice ... but I think because every other bit of plastic is covered I think he was right....... I'm certainly glad now that I had it done.

To me the back bumper alone makes the project worthwhile.

Hi!

It's been a few months since we exchanged on this post and I've checked several solutions to upgrade my Prestige.

I will get my car next week (finally!!!) and I think I'll go for your solution.

I'm thinking of painting the plastic parts in OG, the centre part of front and back bumpers in mat black and changing the front grille for glossy black.

I just need to find someone serious to do it in Paris.

Where did u do yours? In London?

17-06-2012 11:11am