Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone else think SD4 is Sluggish?
Claud

RE: Anyone else think SD4 is Sluggish?

I too was disappointed with the Evoque SD4 auto performance initially. I have my wife's SD4 Auto Freelander to do a direct comparison.

The Evoque was sluggish and not too responsive sub 1000 miles, gradually up to the current 2300 miles I have been using more and more of the performance. The ECU has responded with a more sensitive throttle, the car feels more lively and is swift. The fuel consumption has also improved from 31mpg to 32 mpg average, with best observed 38mpg on 30 mile motorway trip, almost identical to the Freelander.

The engine is far more muted in the Evoque than the Freelander, the mangaride suspension also controls the body movement to give a very smooth performance, which is deceiving as the speed builds up. You know when the engine is working hard in the Freelander, giving an impression of speed. however the Freelander still feels as if it has more torque in the mid range which could be attributed to the 6000miles covered and the engine freeing up.

I will soon do a direct comparison of 0-60 times between the Evoque and Freelander using the Torque app on my phone and hopefully confirm manufacturers figures for the cars.

If I was not so concerned about fuel consumption, I think I would have preferred the SI4 which impressed me greatly on a short test drive, it was extremely lively, but only showed an average of 21mpg since new!!!

[Image: 118733.png]
2013 Discovery HSE Luxury Corris Grey
Sold - 2011 Evoque SD4 Prestige, Auto, Magnaride, Orkney Grey, Lux Pack, TPMS, Heated Steering Wheel
2010 Freelander SD4
1997 Defender 90 XD Wolf (ex Ghurkas)
1991 Defender County 110 V8
1959 Series II
1953 Series I
1952 Minerva Ambulance
31-03-2012 06:51pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
doug

RE: Anyone else think SD4 is Sluggish?

(31-03-2012 02:20pm)griff Wrote:  After 8500 miles I am finding the SD4 is performing very well and handles like a dream in Dynamic mode. However I have found the trip to Pete Bell has transformed the performance.

Just look in the rear mirror when driving off traffic lights and see cars disappear into the distance!

What a boy racer Laughing

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
31-03-2012 08:41pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply