Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone else gone from a Hot Hatch to an Evoque?
Evoqess

RE: Anyone else gone from a Hot Hatch to an Evoque?

(12-03-2013 11:04am)Jai Wrote:  I'm considering going from the evoque to a golf r Smile I quite like the drive in those!

From Golf GTI - to Audi TTS - to brief Evoque fling and now back to Golf GTI!! I guess I have hot hatches in the blood and with the Generation 7 coming woohoo. For me lighter, nimbler is better BUT I love the Evoque design! Very Happy

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
14-03-2013 07:05pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PAT

To come close to hot hatch territory you need to be looking at the Si4 with Dynamic suspension as anything less won't cut it.

I can honestly say that after driving a Mk V Golf GTI, and three TT's in numerous guises that the Evoque cuts the mustard and I've not missed any of my previous cars.

Don't get me wrong LR need to bring a more powerful RRE out but in its current form you won't be disappointed if its the Si4 and Dynamic your considering.

Current: Si4 - HSE Dynamic Lux - Corris Grey with Black Pano - Adaptive Dynamics - ATPC - Adaptive LED Headlights - Privacy Glass - Style 508's - Heated Steering Wheel - Spare Wheel - Ebony Headlining
Previous: Si4 - Dynamic 5 Door - Lux - Orkney Grey with Black Pano
15-03-2013 12:17am
Rein

Traded my mini for a range rover mini Very Happy

[Image: 60060.jpg]

Blacked-out Evoque Cool

Santorini black, 5dr, dynamic, SD4 auto
Mods: My Evoque Topic
15-03-2013 07:10pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gw76

TT to Evoque. Completely different cars, but think I preferred the TT. Got too used to its handling and cant accept that the Evoque is a bit iffy on corners and roundabouts at speed !
16-03-2013 12:18am
miha.m

You need BOTH Wink I still have my MINI JCW,...

EVOQUE is fantastic car on its own - you will drive it differently then hot-hatch. In it's field it is great. Also the feeling of ride, interior,... you will not regret for a second - comparing to VW,...

BR : Miha

Evoque TD4 Prestige (Barolo black, Couture interior)
MINI Cooper S "John Cooper Works" tuning (2004)
Harley Davidson Rocker C - FXCW/C (2009)
16-03-2013 09:53pm
cardiffevoque

I also moved direct from a Scirocco (170bhp) to an Evoque. I loved the Roc and thought I'd miss the handling and performance. In the end I have loved having the Evoque and the handling and performance while not quite Scirocco level, is very accomplished indeed. I haven't looked back. If you opt for the Adaptive Dynamics feature (standard on Dynamic models) this acts a little like the Sport setting on the adaptive chassis control on the Scirocco and makes the Evoque handle much more sprightly - great for the twisty stuff and sharp overtakes.

SD4 Dynamic, 5 door, manual, Firenze Red with Fuji roof, adaptive headlights, auto dimming mirror, spare wheel Very Happy
17-03-2013 03:43pm
ED209

(17-03-2013 03:43pm)cardiffevoque Wrote:  I also moved direct from a Scirocco (170bhp) to an Evoque. I loved the Roc and thought I'd miss the handling and performance. In the end I have loved having the Evoque and the handling and performance while not quite Scirocco level, is very accomplished indeed. I haven't looked back. If you opt for the Adaptive Dynamics feature (standard on Dynamic models) this acts a little like the Sport setting on the adaptive chassis control on the Scirocco and makes the Evoque handle much more sprightly - great for the twisty stuff and sharp overtakes.

Should that not be - I acts like the sport setting in the scirocco and makes your tetth fall out and your back ache?

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
17-03-2013 04:46pm
heronb

Picking the Evoque very soon and currently drive a TT but wanted a more supple ride after four of them. As the middle age spread creeps in I need a bit of comfort.Very Happy
17-03-2013 07:06pm
stunt

(11-03-2013 11:44pm)BlueRocco Wrote:  I'm contemplating trading my Scirocco in for an Evoque. I've only ever really had experience of driving hatchbacks and I'm slightly apprehensive about how I'd get on day to day driving a 4x4 though I was fairly impressed with how it handled after test driving it.

Has anyone else made the 'leap' from a performance hatch to a diesel 4x4!

I Went from a Roc 2.0 TSI GT (210) to a SD Dynamic.
Loved the roc and was sorely tempted by an R. Went for the evoque. The Evoque is a great car. The build quality isnt as good as the Roc in my opinion. Plus the roc would wipe the floor with it on a winding road. Dont think the SI evoque would rival a quick roc either.

That said you will enjoy . Have fun.

Fuji SD4 Dynamic. Coupe. Manual, Privacy
(This post was last modified: 21-03-2013 11:58pm by stunt.)
21-03-2013 11:57pm
markwiggy

Very different cars , but you must buy a dynamic if you want decent handling. I was amazed to be honest they are very good.. I switched from Audi S3 to Roc 170DSG and then to the Evoque and was very happy indeed. Although my Evoque will soon be gone as I have ordered another Audi.

Mark

Range Rover Evoque Dynamic SD4 Auto 5 door Orkney Grey Black Roof with Panoramic and Privacy Glass
22-03-2013 01:39pm