Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone else gone from a Hot Hatch to an Evoque?
muff

Anyone else gone from a Hot Hatch to an Evoque?

(16-03-2013 12:18am)gw76 Wrote:  TT to Evoque. Completely different cars, but think I preferred the TT. Got too used to its handling and cant accept that the Evoque is a bit iffy on corners and roundabouts at speed !

Land Rover had opened up a new market segment with the Evoque and has, to some extent, successfully attracted a whole new customer base. But so many people are completely ignorant of the dynamics and physics of owning and driving a real 4x4 as the Evoque surely is. But to compare a hot hatch with a 4x4 in the handling stakes completely baffles me. If you want a hot hatch drive one. If you want a seriously capable sports utility vehicle have one of them too. Me? I have a Golf GTI. And a CLK AMG. An Evoque of course and an Isuzu Rodeo Denver 4x4 for the really dirty off road stuff. But they all do different things. Don't try and do a direct comparison between apples and tomatoes. Just saying...
22-03-2013 06:54pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gw76

RE: Anyone else gone from a Hot Hatch to an Evoque?

(22-03-2013 06:54pm)muff Wrote:  Don't try and do a direct comparison between apples and tomatoes. Just saying...
You obviously missed the part of my post accepting that they were "Completely different cars" and an exclamation mark highlighting the obvious.
23-03-2013 11:51am
veeedubba

I went from a Scirocco R to an evoque Dynamic, regretted it at first but soon got used to the comfort and different feel and now love it and it was only a matter of time before the R lost me my licence
23-03-2013 09:20pm
Evo-king

Don't look at The Mail today.

Some young lad in his 20's put a TT through the side of a house.

Very nasty.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
24-03-2013 07:32pm
heronb

(24-03-2013 07:32pm)Evo-king Wrote:  Don't look at The Mail today.

Some young lad in his 20's put a TT through the side of a house.

Very nasty.

Wonder if excessive speed was involved!
25-03-2013 06:25pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

He not only wiped out a house, en-route to the corner of the house, through the air, he took out an Audi A4 Avant when you look at the photo on the BBC website http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Flying-Audi-TT

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 25-03-2013 06:53pm by XFullFatTim.)
25-03-2013 06:51pm
dynamicgirl

I came from owning a stage 2 Audi S3 2.0 TFSI S-Tronic, running around 330bhp to the Evoque Si4. I have a spinal injury and the lowered suspension of the S3 was doing me no favours. It got to the point that I wasn't able to drive it for more than a few miles at a time, maybe once or twice a week at the most. I didn't even know there was a 2.0 T version of the Evoque until a few weeks before I decided to buy and the minute I realised I could have (what for me is) the perfect blend of comfort, looks, amazing handling and power, that was it. I had to have one! There is no going back for me now, ..I'm hooked! Smile
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2013 12:06am by dynamicgirl.)
11-06-2013 10:58am
RRSteve

I've recently gone from a black with white interior, manual, twin turbo straight 6 306BHP petrol BMW Z4 E89 roadster to a white with black interior, auto, single turbo 4 cylinder diesel Evoque Prestige and I'm loving it at the moment! Smile Couldn't get any different! It just suits my lifestyle these days!

A lot of any spirited driving on normal roads has more to do with the driver than the car to be honest! Wink
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2013 12:58pm by RRSteve.)
11-06-2013 12:55pm