Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anybody from Switzerland ?
paulelescoces

If you get it done by a dealer close to the border area you dont even need to worry about how it works as they will take care of it all for you and deliver the car with Swiss plates.
The MFK is a requirement for import and as I understand is to ensure the vehicle meets technical requirements for registering.

Delivered: SD4 Prestige Auto 5 Door, Fuji White with Vibe interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Electric Tailgate, Winter Pack, Adaptive Xenons, Roofrails...
11-02-2012 07:01pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mounty

RE: Anybody from Switzerland ?

Hi guys

Thinking of getting one. How much discount did you get from the dealer?

I also read that you looking for a offroad outing. Saverne in France is about to hours from Basel. I also was already there. Great place to drive there with all possible difficulties. Got now a RR before 2 D3. Maybe I organize to there or someone I know. I let you know.

Daniel
(This post was last modified: 18-02-2012 08:03pm by Mounty.)
18-02-2012 08:01pm
mmuller

Hello There,

Another Evoque in Switzerland. I am returning to Switzerland after some 30 something years living in Brazil and expect to get our new Evoque next week, around the 28th (feb) I guess. The car is already there, at Emil Frey, just waiting for us to get there and hand over the paperwork for them. A Fuji White (another one...lol) Prestige.

My wife and I come from a Galway Green Disco 3 TDV6 HSE that we actually have used to go off road and on long "expeditions" through South America, like the Amazon, Atacama desert, Patagônia... We have just returned from Ushuaia a couple of weeks ago after 15.000 km with the Disco and are preparing to return to Switzerland next week. Unfortunately, the Disco will stay in Brazil for now. Crying

We are in the Zürich area and will be a pleasure to get to know other Evoque owners. Last time we were there was in december and we got to see only one or two on the streets in Zürich.

I am just not sure yet about the Winter Tires they offered me.
They offered me a choice of 17" wheels with 225/65-R17 or 18" with 235/60-R18, both being Continental Winter Contact. The first set (wheel+tire) is at CHF 724,- and the other at 842,-.
Strangely, looking the Continental website, I have not found the 17" option. Only the Pirelli Ice + Snow, so I do not know if the 17" is really the Conti or Pirelli. I have asked them about this.

Not sure about we are going for the 17 or 18", what would be best, specially because, as you might imagine, I have not had much experience in the past 30 years driving in snown... Rolling Eyes It is already weird enough to choose winter tires here in Brazil with 30°C plus outside CoolLaughing

Cheers!

Marcelo Müller
Evoque SD4 Prestige 2012 Fuji White, Ivory/Espresso, 20'' Style 6, 18'' Winter, Panoramic Roof, Autom.,
Adaptive Dynamics, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Winter Pack, Tech Pack, Park Assist, Keyless
19-02-2012 05:44pm
andrey1302

(19-02-2012 05:44pm)mmuller Wrote:  Hello There,

Another Evoque in Switzerland. I am returning to Switzerland after some 30 something years living in Brazil and expect to get our new Evoque next week, around the 28th (feb) I guess. The car is already there, at Emil Frey, just waiting for us to get there and hand over the paperwork for them. A Fuji White (another one...lol) Prestige.

My wife and I come from a Galway Green Disco 3 TDV6 HSE that we actually have used to go off road and on long "expeditions" through South America, like the Amazon, Atacama desert, Patagônia... We have just returned from Ushuaia a couple of weeks ago after 15.000 km with the Disco and are preparing to return to Switzerland next week. Unfortunately, the Disco will stay in Brazil for now. Crying

We are in the Zürich area and will be a pleasure to get to know other Evoque owners. Last time we were there was in december and we got to see only one or two on the streets in Zürich.

I am just not sure yet about the Winter Tires they offered me.
They offered me a choice of 17" wheels with 225/65-R17 or 18" with 235/60-R18, both being Continental Winter Contact. The first set (wheel+tire) is at CHF 724,- and the other at 842,-.
Strangely, looking the Continental website, I have not found the 17" option. Only the Pirelli Ice + Snow, so I do not know if the 17" is really the Conti or Pirelli. I have asked them about this.

Not sure about we are going for the 17 or 18", what would be best, specially because, as you might imagine, I have not had much experience in the past 30 years driving in snown... Rolling Eyes It is already weird enough to choose winter tires here in Brazil with 30°C plus outside CoolLaughing

Cheers!

Congrads on you new purchase, I am sure you will enjoy it Smile

At the moment I am driving on the 18" 4 seasons pirllis that the care came with and with the amount of snow we have in Lausanne and higher outskirts I was absolutely fine, the only issue is emergency braking, but under normal driving conditions didn't have any issues.

I am hoping to get some winter tyres for next year and I am thinking that I'll stick to 18" (even though gonna get another set of rims) as I think the ride quality is really good and it doesn't look bad either

Fuji 3 dr Pure SD4
[Image: 124851.png]
19-02-2012 07:06pm
SebM

Congrats and welcome !

I had the same choice, I choose the 18"... principally for the look !! 17" is too small Wink

Actually : '04 Lotus Elise Mk2 111 & '11 Land Rover Defender 90 SW RAW
20-02-2012 10:03am
hondafreak

@ mmuller how long did you have to wait for your Evoque?

Never had one issue yet...very reliable car!

Fuji White, 5dr Prestige SD4 - Auto, Shadow Chrome 20" Style 7 Wheels, Winter Pack, Ambiance-Oxford
leather interior (ivory-espresso color),Rear Camera Parking Aid, Power Tailgate
20-02-2012 04:50pm
mmuller

Hi guys, tnx for the nice welcome.

18" might be a nice compromise between the looks and performance it seems...
Saw one Evoque with 18" at a dealer here in Brazil today. Did not look bad at all.

@hondafreak We have ordered this car in July last year.

Cheers,

Marcelo Müller
Evoque SD4 Prestige 2012 Fuji White, Ivory/Espresso, 20'' Style 6, 18'' Winter, Panoramic Roof, Autom.,
Adaptive Dynamics, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Winter Pack, Tech Pack, Park Assist, Keyless
(This post was last modified: 22-02-2012 03:59pm by mmuller.)
22-02-2012 03:48pm
Yzerman

Hey swiss guys Smile

I've just started a thread about my swiss evoque:
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-SI4-Prestige-black

RRE Prestige Si4, sumatra black, style 6 rims 20", rr original winter rims 18", with all viable options.
Handover: Second of march
(This post was last modified: 23-02-2012 10:59am by Yzerman.)
23-02-2012 10:59am
mmuller

Been there Yzerman!
Nice looking toy Tongue Out

Marcelo Müller
23-02-2012 05:49pm
Michelle

(18-02-2012 08:01pm)Mounty Wrote:  Hi guys

Thinking of getting one. How much discount did you get from the dealer?

Daniel
6,6% from a "garage multimarques"

Ordered 8th march: SD4 Prestige auto, Fuji, panoramic roof, Cirrus/lunar interior, rear view camera, blind spot monitoring, Nav,heated front seats
Delivery: 6th December!
07-03-2012 06:06pm