Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Any one got Solar PV Panels fitted.
Evo-king

Any one got Solar PV Panels fitted.

I've got a small system fitted, 2.5kw, but they are the Sanyo HIT panels and are the latest spec, they have been averaging 6kw a day, any one else got any performance figures?

I'm just happy doing my bit and getting paid a tiny sum for it as well.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
05-03-2012 08:58pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Donny Dog

RE: Any one got Solar PV Panels fitted.

(05-03-2012 08:58pm)Evo-king Wrote:  I've got a small system fitted, 2.5kw, but they are the Sanyo HIT panels and are the latest spec, they have been averaging 6kw a day, any one else got any performance figures?

I'm just happy doing my bit and getting paid a tiny sum for it as well.

Have you had tyo do that to keep the battery charged up when you use the sound system? How much of the car roof does it take up?

Wink
05-03-2012 09:10pm
Evo-king

The panels are on the roof of the house, hence using the off topic forum, I think the Prius has solar panels on it's roof though.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
05-03-2012 09:17pm
Dave_T

Averaging 10kwh per day so far this month from 4kw of Sharps ... facing due West!
05-03-2012 10:41pm
Sensorian

(05-03-2012 09:17pm)Evo-king Wrote:  The panels are on the roof of the house, hence using the off topic forum, I think the Prius has solar panels on it's roof though.

He was joking. Hence the use of the smiley....

Dynamic Barolo Black, Black interior, Panoramic roof, plus pack, style 6 wheels, Meridian upgrade
05-03-2012 10:54pm
Mark

5-20kW, Canadian panels, sun depending, facing due south, 3kW system, North Scotland.... and well happy
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2012 01:14am by Mark.)
06-03-2012 10:02am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I have been toying with installing a system on my SW facing roof, has anybody combined PV with a water heating panel somewhere in the array? Is it worth doing it that way?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
06-03-2012 10:14am
doug

(06-03-2012 10:14am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I have been toying with installing a system on my SW facing roof, has anybody combined PV with a water heating panel somewhere in the array? Is it worth doing it that way?

Tim,
I don't have much to do with PV (electric). But can answer any questions you may have on Vacum tube or Flat plate hot water solar collectors & there contol system.
Your question on combined PV & DHW, never seen this. Not sure it's on the Market. ( I only see the products that we make for the company I work for).

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
06-03-2012 10:48am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Doug, what I was considering was 7 PV panels and 1 Vacuum Tube panel as one big array on the house roof. I don't think anybody makes a combo PV/Vac tube system yet! I suspect that with the PV panels producing enough electricity to heat water cheaply it may not be worth the hassle of installing all the plumbing and a new tank.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
06-03-2012 10:55am
doug

Tim,
for one to two people in a house you would need 2 vacum tube collectors, stored in a 200L twin coil cylinder.
After that you can use the basic principles for sizing, one 1m2 of collector for every person in the property & 50L of water storage. To size up the correct system for your house.

Lets say no water was being drawn off from a house for a few months. All that solar energy would be wasted.
Don't tell my boss i'm saying this, but in your case i would go with PV & use this to heat a electric element in your hot water cylinder for free. As long as your not drawing off too much water.

Hows your heating system ?

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2012 09:28pm by doug.)
06-03-2012 09:27pm