Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
And it's Good Bye from the Stadt
Stadt Panzer

Well people it has been fun but I have just sold my Evoque Cool, I have had three great models and loved my time with Range Rover but after owning three I have decided to give something else a try, chances are I might be back when JLR produce a Hybrid model but lets wait and see.Wink

I wish you all the very best and safe driving.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
11-04-2017 11:39am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: And it's Good Bye from the Stadt

Good luck Stadt!

What's your choice for replacement?

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
11-04-2017 05:24pm
Stadt Panzer

We are going to try the Porsche Macan, or better said we are now trying the Porsche Macan. lol

21-04-2017 10:02am
Doody

(21-04-2017 10:02am)Stadt Panzer Wrote:  we are now trying the Porsche Macan.
please post your thoughts on the comparison.

my 2012 is nearing 70K miles and the Macan is top of my list for a replacement - unless i get another RRE.

thx and enjoy!!!!

dodoy

2012 Prestige Premium
23-04-2017 12:59am
benzina

My sisters got a Macan, and i've driven it extensively many times....its very good.
Macan vs Evoque (My personal review)

For Macan...
1. Higher build standard.
2. Higher interior material quality standard.
3. Higher handling standard.
4. 6 cylinder diesel obviously quicker then even my remapped SD4.

On par with Evoque...
1. Interior design on par with awesome Evoque.
2. Quietness on par from outside world.
3. Rides generally on par with my Adaptive dynamics.

Against Macan....
1. Exterior design and proportions not as striking,individual or desirable as Evoque.
2. Not nearly as compact in length, and feels even wider.
3. Lacks certain character of which the Evoque exudes effortlessly.

The Macan is very impressive, yet somehow i still prefer my Evoque overall.
I think it must be the (still after 5 years) very striking,good looking, individual interior and killer exterior design. Also the absolute comfort of the seats, and the compact length of the Evoque is brilliant for me. Jumping into the Evoque, is like putting on my favourite shoe....so comfortable,and full of character.
Stadt, i think you will enjoy the Macan for all of its positives just the same.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 23-04-2017 01:45pm by benzina.)
23-04-2017 01:57am
Stadt Panzer

thx guys for the above.

Took the Macan out for it's first real drive down to Austria and I must say it's impressive, the engine is a dream although I was told to slow down a couple of times by her in doors lol.

It hurts to say it but the automatic gearbox is far better than the Evoques and the ride is as good if not just a little better.

Only downside at the moment is the pano roof, I think the powered screen material is thinner than that of the Evoques, not a real issue but it's still there.

I'll report more as time goes on.

25-04-2017 09:37am
imthebest20

I am just about to change my Evoque. I have had it 3 years now but with the lack of warranty and a few small issues starting to appear I've decided to try something new.

I did initially try to buy a new RRE but the 2 local LLR dealerships struggled to even bother ringing me back most of the time. So like a few of you I put the Macan at the top of the list and got a great test drive in one, the gearbox is probably one of the best out there in this type of vehicle and the engine (understandably) is a lot nippier than the RRE and a lot more linear throughout the rev range. The Macan is probably the best small SUV out there but the bit problem I found was the equipment, the standard car is embarrassingly light on common features and you could easily spend £10-£15k speccing it to maybe a dynamic spec. The problem for me personally was I always do PCP, Macan has only 1 model and you just spec it as you want, Porche base the PCP GFV on the base price of the car so your repayments tend to be crazy but your GVF is really low so that you have great equity left over if you trade it in.

I was a tad unimpressed by the figures so for some bizarre reason I walked across the road to the Volvo dealership just to see the V90 & XC90 with no intention of considering them, the second I jumped into the XC90 in the showroom I was blown away by the Tesla like interior and the sheer quality of the trim. I took a quick test drive, the gearbox wasn't as good as the Macan, it wasn't as quick either and the ride was surprisingly hard in comparison too. That said I ended up walking away with a pre-order for one. The spec is excellent, the toys are excellent, it's super refined and really reminded me of the big RR (except at half the price). The sheer quality and build is as good as anything I have seen, the tech list is beyond LR & Porche and there's fewer of them on the road.

So really to summarise the RRE is excellent, the Macan is even better and the XC90 is maybe not as good so personally, I would recommend the XC90 Laughing
25-04-2017 11:05am
PhilSkill

When I walked into the Volvo Dealership recently, they had an XC90 and I just stopped dead and Said "Fxxk me that's massive!", didn't realise the Sales girl had a desk right by the door who just starting laughing.

It's a different league in size to the Evoque or the Macan, but the New Volvo range is very nice, even if the styling as always is just slightly off, but way better now.

The XC60 is of course more in line with the Evoque, and has been restyled now too.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
25-04-2017 03:59pm
imthebest20

(25-04-2017 03:59pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  When I walked into the Volvo Dealership recently, they had an XC90 and I just stopped dead and Said "Fxxk me that's massive!", didn't realise the Sales girl had a desk right by the door who just starting laughing.

It's a different league in size to the Evoque or the Macan, but the New Volvo range is very nice, even if the styling as always is just slightly off, but way better now.

The XC60 is of course more in line with the Evoque, and has been restyled now too.

Agreed, unfortunately when I ordered mine the new xc60 hadn't been released and the previous model just looked so outdated.

The XC90 is massive, it's closer to the RRS in size but it's actually as nimble as an evoque around town. The only main difference is the length when you are parallel parking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
26-04-2017 12:18am
PhilSkill

Well enjoy the XC90, i'm sure it'll be fab! let us know how you get on with it.

And you get free Sat Nav map updates... as we do on our V40CC, but not our Evoque... not that that bugs me at all Mad

26-04-2017 09:54am