Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Meridian Audio Systems.
Coolbanana

RE: Meridian Audio Systems.

(26-01-2012 02:37pm)GibEvoque Wrote:  Interestting to note, i was thinking along similar lines, but how are you going to wire yours in and feed a line to the amp?

A Cache COE 6 solves connection problems between any factory set-up and an aftermarket sub.
JL Audio have the Cleansweep too but it is more expensive; the Cache works perfectly and has a seperate bass remote switch.

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
26-01-2012 03:19pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lsberrios1

(26-01-2012 02:51pm)dandavis1 Wrote:  I have the standard system and it's really rather good (and I work in the music industry). More than loud enough, bright and the bass is quite solid.

My issue is how much it makes everything rattle. I can't use all the power and bass as it sounds like the car is going to fall to bits.

My evoque has the 825W system and now that you mention this I dont know if its rattle from the car insides or a blown speaker. It seems to to only happen with specific bass frequencies. but it sounds only in the front passenger door. Are these systems prone to blow to pieces? I havent gone past 3/4ths of the volume and 6/10 in the bass setup.
26-01-2012 04:42pm
dandavis1

If I gently press on the red part of the door panel (I have the red/black interior), the rattle stops, so in my car its definitely the panel and not a speaker.
26-01-2012 06:11pm
The Valeter

(26-01-2012 02:16pm)Coolbanana Wrote:  I agree that the 825 W system does sound better than Harman Kardon and Bose systems I've had in previous cars. I like the high and midrange but find it lacks bass - but then this is true of every factory system I've heard.

I have a JL Audio amp and sub ready to go in from my previous car to resolve the bass - but that's just my personal taste.

I found the 14 speaker Alpine set up in my Freelander 2 to be pretty good to be honest.

Where is the sub in the Evoque assuming it has one?

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
26-01-2012 09:10pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cedric

(26-01-2012 09:10pm)The Valeter Wrote:  I found the 14 speaker Alpine set up in my Freelander 2 to be pretty good to be honest.

According to this pdf, under the seat.
http://www.google.be/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=ev...Mg&cad=rja
26-01-2012 09:21pm
Coolbanana

(26-01-2012 09:10pm)The Valeter Wrote:  I found the 14 speaker Alpine set up in my Freelander 2 to be pretty good to be honest.

I do like Alpine albeit it is their source units that have always been my favourite. I was very passionate about car audio in my late teens and twenties building various SQ and SPL car's depending upon my mood. That was many years ago and I now like a balance between SQ and a strong bass build.

The 825W has 17 speakers including a subwoofer apparently but I'm not sure where it is.

I've decided I'm not going to touch the existing system apart from adding a Cache COE6 and JL Audio XD mono amplifier to power a separate subwoofer. I have two subs from previous installs already boxed; a Cerwin Vega 10" and a 15" MTX T815. They can both be "plugged in" in seconds so it will simply be a matter of how much bass I feel like having on the day and when I need the boot neither will be in and it will be standard sound. Smile

(26-01-2012 09:21pm)Cedric Wrote:  According to this pdf, under the seat.
http://www.google.be/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=ev...Mg&cad=rja

Good find, thanks Thumbs Up

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
(This post was last modified: 26-01-2012 09:37pm by Coolbanana.)
26-01-2012 09:36pm
The Valeter

(26-01-2012 09:36pm)Coolbanana Wrote:  I do like Alpine albeit it is their source units that have always been my favourite. I was very passionate about car audio in my late teens and twenties building various SQ and SPL car's depending upon my mood. That was many years ago and I now like a balance between SQ and a strong bass build.

The 825W has 17 speakers including a subwoofer apparently but I'm not sure where it is.

I've decided I'm not going to touch the existing system apart from adding a Cache COE6 and JL Audio XD mono amplifier to power a separate subwoofer. I have two subs from previous installs already boxed; a Cerwin Vega 10" and a 15" MTX T815. They can both be "plugged in" in seconds so it will simply be a matter of how much bass I feel like having on the day and when I need the boot neither will be in and it will be standard sound. Smile

Good find, thanks Thumbs Up

When I get mine I may contact you for more details on the extra sub.

I do like Alpine a lot & that was one of the draws to the Freelander. I have an Alpine amp & glide touch head unit (£300 head unit) in my Rover 25 along with a 10" West Coast Customs sub built into a recess in the boot & a stealth shelf in the rear with 6x9s on them. It is not to be boy racer like but good low & top end clarity.

The MG ZR-Express has a power amp, Alpine components built into the loadspace retention grill & below them behind the seats a pair of 8" subs. A top of the range (at time of fitting) Pioneer P88rs2 head unit was fitted too.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 27-01-2012 12:29am by The Valeter.)
27-01-2012 12:24am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply